BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've noticed that recently there has been a wobble in my shark. I narrowed the problem to a cam location. I tried to snug up the shaft and while putting it all back together the coil wire from inside the control box came out. I don't know if I was wrapping the wire too tight on the shaft or it was working loose from the wobble. I know before hand that the warrenty does not cover "cable breakage due to flexing, wear of the searchcoil housing".
My question is has anyone sent their unit in for this type of repair and what can I expect to pay? I have sent it into Tesoro a couple of years ago for a totally different issue and they repaired the machine and sent extra lube for only my cost of postage to send the unit to them.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
imagine they would treat you good on it. sounds like a simple fix for them. call them and ask.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The real and only answer is just a call to Tesoro away - best of luck and keep us posted!

OP
OP
Golden oaks

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The real and only answer is just a call to Tesoro away - best of luck and keep us posted!

UPDATE: As I knew my beach hunting days were numbered for this year, as I am back in Ohio, I postponed sending in the SS. It arrived at Tesoro (Prescott, AZ) September 4th. I included a note with instructions to call about questions or repair costs. I didn't hear anything back and made a mental note to call and check today or tomorrow on the progress. UPS showed up today with the SS at my door for no costs to me except to ship to them! I am elated at their service! The repairs were completed on the 10th. From what I can read on the trouble ticket, Rusty re-hardwired the coil cable. It looks great and ready for service! I love my SS in the surf it is so much easier to swing than my CTX 3030!

H.H. & H. Trails!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great post!:skullflag:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great to hear and all the more reason to buy new when buying a Tesoro water detector.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad to hear that! The Sand Shark is on my list of future detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions