WOW...how awesome.
Thank you all for sharing what info you have on this area.
Very cool.
Hello all. Brand new to the site (first post actually)
Born in Santa Barbara and currently living in Thousand Oaks.
I have always been so fascinated with the past of my local surroundings.
Santa Barbara and Ventura in the 1800's and early 1900's and how the people lived is just amazing to me.
But even more so, was the life of the Chumash in these areas.
OK - why I am here....
Brand new to Treasure Hunting.
So I recently picked up a book by Frank L Fish.
It mentioned the Santa Susana Pass story.
And since my family and I have explored the Rocky Peak area many times, it caught my attention.
And after lots of internet searching, finally lead me to this web site and tread.
That whole area holds some very strong energy (And I don't mean the radiation from the 50's.... butum bum tiish!)
SO much history in and around these mountains.
I try to imagine the 1000's of years that the Chumash enjoyed these areas before Spain should up.
And can you imagine what the Spanish explorers must have thought of these valleys and mountains

In awe I am sure.
I could go on and on about my excitement of that history.
And it really sucks that it being a state park, keeps anyone from finding artifacts and potential treasures.
Particularly historical artifacts....why would you want us to find that stuff and bring it to light.
That was our history and our kids, and their kid's need to know it and see it.
I had heard that there was an old Indian Burial grounds in the area where they are now building new homes.
Right at the end of Kuehner (sp?)
Maybe not. But I know this area was very spiritual to the Indians.
in regards to the "Love Loot"
Lets bring this thread back to life!!
Would love to get this post going again and maybe getting a small exploring group together.
Is Havilah_Springs still out there?
I would love to just hook up over a cup of coffee with you some time and hear about your experiences.
And if your still able to explore? COME ON - LETS GO!! (thanks Jeff Williams)
Tapoutking too, if you're still into this stuff and want some company? PM me
PS, anyone know where to dig up some old maps of the area?
Older maps that may show the stage coach route etc, which may show old streams (now all dried up and overgrown).
Ventura County and SB county for that matter. Lots to explore that is NOT under government rule.
Thanks
G-bone