What's new

Saturday hunt yields a 1817 large Cent, my oldest yet!

djabend

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
766
Reaction score
69
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Got back to the spot I hunted last week where I found the 1872 Indian head. Post link here
Found lots of junk like last time, but was rewarded by a Large Cent that beats my oldest one by almost a decade :icon_thumright:

The condition could be better, but it could be A LOT worst ;D
Still wondering if its good enough to make into a 3D coin to replace my current avatar ???

DSC01070.webp
DSC01071.webp

Dug a sweet Lone Ranger badge as well, even "personalized" it with my digger ::)

DSC01073.webp

HH,
Donny
 
Upvote 2
Very nice coin and Lone Ranger membership badge :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
There's nothing wrong with that largie - congrats!!! :icon_thumright: :hello2:
 
That's a beauty, I love the green patina. Congratulations on the 1817 !!

How deep was it? Just curious.
 
wow super shape too, congrats
 
Rusted_Iron said:
How deep was it? Just curious.

3-4 Inches, right up next to the front of the 200 year old house on the site.

HH,
Donny
 
djabend said:
Rusted_Iron said:
How deep was it? Just curious.

3-4 Inches, right up next to the front of the 200 year old house on the site.

HH,
Donny

Cool, I hope you leave it green just like it is :icon_thumright:

HH,
Chris
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom