Saturday road trip brings gold and silver!

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Long, much needed trip into the belly of Ohio!! Lots of miles and a ton of coins, but the rain was very helpful in my recovery of both gold and silver! Totals for the day were 46 quarters, 80 dimes, 32 nickels, 180 memorial cents, 1 wheat cent(53-D), a Canadian dime, and my third tot lot Buffalo Nickel(no date and not shown). What made the trip was a 10k necklace, not found with the detector but found when bending down to recover a dime, it was laying there after the rain had washed away the wood chips. I just reached and picked it up, about as easy as it gets. The ear ring and bent toe ring(both silver) were basically found the same way, rain had washed away the surface chips exposing those two. I actually had to dig for the small silver ring! Anyways, a long day because I went right to work and it was 27 hours from the time I walked out the door until I walked back in. This is my first extended time out, been pretty much keeping close to the phone/car because of the heath of my brother and a need to hit the road if something worse happens!

Attachments

• gs516 001.jpg
    gs516 001.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 248
  • gs516 002.jpg
    gs516 002.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 247

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions