Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy everyone,
Grew up on a dairy farm in upstate NY and was used to seeing old "relics" laying around the farm all the time . Never thought that when I got older I would find people who looked for and collected those things . When I was 30 or so I bought a Bounty Hunter metal detector to find my hunting arrows in the grass that had missed the target and that was only time I got it out .
Now its 14 yrs later and I have a 11 yr old son who asked me 2 weeks ago if we could get the detector out and see if it still works . I said sure we could do that ,and so started a fun couple of weeks of digging up old rusted metal around our farm .
While talking at work to a friend of mine about it I found out he has been metal detecting for 30 yrs . He gets so excited when he talks about he got me excited . So I started thinking mabey I might find something cool . Yesterday I finally found my first coin ever , might be old news to you guys who have been doing it for a while but the way I jumped around and hollered you would have thought it was a gold coin and not the 46 Wheat penny I found . Well now im officially hooked and the little bit of free time I had is now spoken for by metal detecting . So thank all you guys for looking at my post and hoping to be able to share more cool finds in the yrs to come .

P.S.
My new metal detector and pinpointer should be here by the first of june . I bought a AT Pro and a Garrett Propointer based on the last couple weeks of research I have been doing .

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet!

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread