crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Everyone. Been gone a while and have not been posting much. Finally got out today and hit a spot I have been hunting a little here and there. The house dates from the early 1900's.

Found a 1903 Barber which was in great shape until jabbed it with my trowel >:(
1941 Wheat
1955 Wheat
Some kind of copper thingy that says "Choks" I believe that what it says
Some kind of rivet thingy which I have found at old homesites before

Thanks for looking. Ron

886.jpg

883.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

Upvote 0
Tough break on the barber, but good finds none the less! :thumbsup:

Your avatar always makes me laugh tho..... :laughing7:

Great finds and site, don't worry about the scratch it happens. :dontknow: Better happen now then to some keydate later. :headbang: Thanks for the great post. :icon_thumleft:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

TexasTrash said:
Tough break on the barber, but good finds none the less! :thumbsup:

Your avatar always makes me laugh tho..... :laughing7:

My wife even liked it as it is fitting for me. However, My hair..........well I have none as I shave it regularly. No Barber shops, no money, no worries :laughing7:

Ron, Ron, Ron........... Nice finds bud, but what's with takin' out the anger on the Barber? Need to be diggin bigger holes. ;D

Kimsdad said:
Great finds, Ron!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm glad you were able to get out after all that driving! :wink:

I still "like" to carve up a silver on occasion, too. :-\ ;D

Thanks neil, Chris and Nat :icon_sunny: The hole was kind of small. I do usually dig a little larger ones but for some reason I was in to digging small ones today

The brass thing with chocks on it might have been part of a lapel pin or something. I've dug a couple pins made like that. they had the names of stores on them and I guess the employees wore them when they were working. The brass rivet held leather or sometime iron straps together. Don't feel to bad about hitting the Barber. I hit some silver today myself. I was digging civil war camp in a pasture field and was trying to keep my holes small and dug a silver mechanical pencil about 8 inches down and pretty much destroyed it. I guess that's the way it goes sometimes though.

How many times I need to tell you people ...lol , you never dig right on top of your target, you want to start digging no less then 1 inch farther back from your target..yeah it makes a bigger plug but it also saves ya from gouging the crap out of nice coin...

nice finds, to bad about the barber though. Usually happens to me when I get tired and am not paying careful enough attention. anyway thanks for sharing and hh

LOL ~ nice Barber dime! Scratched silver is better than NO SILVER!

8^)

Great hunt...congrats!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back