Scapular medal and POC (Plain Ol Clad)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scapular medal and POC (Plain 'Ol Clad)

Played around yesterday in the Jewelry mode on my F-75 during a 1/2 hour lunchtime hunt. Was able to get the sensitivity up to 90(!), which I liked as at home in my test garden it gets flighty after 50 or so (must be the power & telephone lines at the road out front). Still a little "twittery" but not too distracting. Discrim at 6 and no notch (0 to 99 scale), 4H tones. Found an aluminum religious medal (Czech or Polish writing?) that read a steady "72" and a few coins. The nickels were high and sweet audio, and the '57 was a good 8" (showed 7 in pinpoint) and shows some pitting. Also dug some trash. The bottle cap and foil I figured as such and dug anyway just to be sure. The punch-out tab fooled me for sure, and the other tabs sounded good enough that I dug. The detector is fairly new to me and I still dig most iffy hits and some lousey hits to learn. Medal was only 3" deep and may have come in with a load of fill as that section of the park appeared to have been graded. It had some flood damage last year - the silt left in other spots has turned to cement.

Thinking I may have to alter my Lesche. The "ears" make it hard to dig a small hole more than 7" deep.

I have to do further work in the jewelry mode. It falses enough that I end up taking twice as long (double sweeping spots to confirm "real" hits) but does seem to be more sensitive to items.

For our European readers, the writing is :

NAJSLODSZE SERCE JEZUSA BADL MOJA MILOSCIA MEDALIK SZKAPLERZ

Back side (with image of Mary & baby Jesus)

O NAJSWIETSZA PANNO MARJO CZESTOCHOWSKA RATUJ NAS *****

The back is in a bit worse shape. It actually looks much better to the camera than it does in the hand. That's a first.

Attachments

• HPIM0146.jpg
    HPIM0146.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 271
  • HPIM0146X.jpg
    HPIM0146X.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0
Re: Scapular medal and POC (Plain 'Ol Clad)

Hit that baby with "Mothers" aluminum polish.

You keep diggin' all those signals like that and the gold will pile up quick!

Ridley

Re: Scapular medal and POC (Plain 'Ol Clad)

Good goin' Charlie... I usually have two to one in trash to coin at schools and parks....
Keep safe...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back