Since when is it our responsibility to educate those people who are too lazy to research the value of items they are selling at their garage sale? If they had a Juicemaster juicer with a $10 price tag, and you knew you could turn around and sell it on ebay for $80, would you feel obligated to tell them their price was too low?? Would you offer them $40 for an item they only wanted $10 for? And where do you draw those lines? Getting something valuable for 50% off makes you a good bargain hunter, but getting something for 90% off makes you an unethical thief

Or do the rules change because its a valuable coin instead of a Juicemaster?
I also read the recent thread about showing/sharing finds with property owners and "out of state MD'ers 'stealing' the 'village heritage' out of the public park" because they found some coins from 1810. How much enjoyment were the 'locals' getting from that 'heritage' while it was buried in the ground? Did those nasty rotten MD'ers somehow 'steal' the locals satisfaction of knowing every time they stepped on that peice of grass that there was an 1810 coin underneath it?? Do property owners suffer some kind of loss because an MD'er keeps their favorite coin in their pocket rather than risk losing it to a greedy landowner? They didn't even know it was there! And it would still be lost in the ground if the MD'er hadn't put in the time, effort, and expertise to find it. I'm not saying all landowners are greedy, by the way, and I do agree there is a certain satisfaction sharing/discussing the history of an item with someone who may know (the landowner), but each person has to determine what is of value to them. The monetary value of the item? The historical value? The satisfaction of sharing a bit of history with the property owner? The satisfaction of a clear conscience? I don't know about you, but I don't always make the same choice in every instance, it depends on the situation. But I do know I try to make the best decision with the information I have at the time, and I sleep fine at night.
The real reason I felt compelled to respond to this thread was because of the response above.
So, Ryaan21, did you just eat an extra bowl of 'cranky' this morning, or are you always such an A$$?
So much for keeping this board a friendly and respectful place for everyone to express their opinion. Sorry Ryaan21, but in my opinion, your response was way out of line.
Kilika