What's new

Scenario Game...What would you do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter robbuckalew
  • Start date Start date
easy you pay them their asking price --they set it the price at $40 not me -- smart people get over on dumb folks all day long --people pay for being stupid or unknowledgible all the time --- why do you pay doctors and lawyers and electricans and plumbers $30 -$40 a hour or more? --easy they have knowledge of something we do not** --- thus ignorance is very costly and educations cost money (schooling isn't free).

if was clearly a pitiful old lady selling off her belongings I would clue her in as to its real value (I not a total dirtbagl ike some folks ) -- however if it was a batch of young folks "cashing in" by selling off all of grannys stuff after she "passed" on -- well them being stupid is going to cost em --if their too dang dumb and lazy to do a bit of research and find out what granny left em---well too bad for em --heres your $40 bucks --enjoy your "fast and easy money"
 
NOTE: I screwed up the little old lady thing... my imagination ran away with me! Sorry!
 
seems to me their own "adult" folks did it to their kids (grandkids) -- hell they sold "out"---- they were the ones who sold "grannies" table for $25 bucks --they saw their own kids crying and still took the "cash" --- so all they cared about was selling off grannies stuff ASAP for COLD HARD CASH -- who is colder the buyer who has no conection or the "blood" relation who cares only for the "QUICK CASH"
 
robbuckalew said:
Scenario:

You are doing a little yard sale hoping, spending all day looking for some nice treasures. After hours of hunting with no real finds, you stop at a small house with a table of old coins. One coin catches your eye. It happens to be a REAL $20 Double Eagle, the price tag says $40 What would you do?

of course I'm going by your Scenario.
I Know it's Real.

buy it. it's for sale

I'm a treasure Hunter
Not a Traveling Super Hero.

The Person will be getting What they are asking.

it is not like they showed it to me & Asked
What is it worth ?
Or What would you Give Me ?
I Wouldn't Lie.

Of course IF I Didn't have the $40.00 on me
and no way to get it Quickly I would
Tell them it's Worth.

I Bought a 1795 large cent and
a bunch of tokens once at a yard
sale for $1.00 a handfull

If an antique dealer saw an Antique Roll top Desk for $100
he wouldn't tell them he could sell it for $1500

it's why Most Buyers ask "What do you want ?" First.
just in case they got a pigeon.
Why offer more ?
 
packerbacker said:
Ask.........."Will you take $10 for it?"....... ;D

ROFL

I Know plenty who would do that :D

Including all the Antique Dealers around here.
They Never pay asking prce even if they can
get 1,000% markup.

I Bargain most of the time.



Ever watch Bargain Hunters on BBC ?
 
I would buy it and get the woman's name and address and do three things.
I would send my wife to that sale and see if there was one gold coins for sale.
Have her ask if the woman has more. If not it may be real if so they are most
likely fake. I would send the coin/coins off to be certified. If they are real i would
sell the coins and send her part of the money. If they are fake the information
would be turned over to the Treasury Department and the FBI and let them
sort it out. siegfried schlagrule
 
My view.

I walk up on a garage sale. Various items for sale, all marked with the asking price. I see something I want. I pay for it. I leave.

Who goes to a garage sale and agonizes over wheather or not the person holding the sale is getting screwed or not? The sell you buy. Seems fairly simple to me.

I do not ponder the intelligence of the person holding the sale or their motives. They sell I buy.

If you wanted to prevent folks from getting screwed on their sales, you would indeed have a new calling in life, because it would take you the rest of you life to travel to garage sales to let the folks know that various items are priced way too low. As mentioned above, one mans junk is another mans treasure.

Ray S
 
prospector40 said:
If I sold it, I would keep all the money. I figure its no different than buying a nice used metal detector. Ifs its worth say $500 in its used state, and I bought it for $300, then congrats to me for getting a good deal. Same with cars, clothes, and whatever else one buys.

Would anyone buy something at a thrift store and give the store more than what the item cost just cause what they bought is worth more than the selling price? Unlikely

Would be like walking into Wallmart
see a 90% off Going out of Buisness sale
And Offering the Manager a Donation
on top of your bill :tongue3:
 
Ray S ECenFL said:
My view.

I walk up on a garage sale. Various items for sale, all marked with the asking price. I see something I want. I pay for it. I leave.

Who goes to a garage sale and agonizes over wheather or not the person holding the sale is getting screwed or not? The sell you buy. Seems fairly simple to me.

I do not ponder the intelligence of the person holding the sale or their motives. They sell I buy.

If you wanted to prevent folks from getting screwed on their sales, you would indeed have a new calling in life, because it would take you the rest of you life to travel to garage sales to let the folks know that various items are priced way too low. As mentioned above, one mans junk is another mans treasure.

Ray S

Couldn't have said it better myself! :thumbsup:
 
you sell , I buy --- you set your price -- if I like what I see , I pay for it and then its mine or maybe we dicker "price" a bit --and a deal is stuck (or not)-- if I think you want too much for the item -- I move along to the next thing or leave to the next yard sell

once I buy something its mine -- now I get to set my "price" that I want for it --if I even want to resell it that is --might just keep it for myself -- now that its mine I can ask whatever I want for it ( just like you could have-- now I might have made a good "bargin" and picked a great item for a few dollars -- but it might take quite sometime to find just the right buyer for said item someone who's willing to buy it at a price that makes me a tidy profiet ---(however ebay is great for putting stuff in front of thousands of possible buyers that are looking for just the exact "thing" that I just bought) ---"flipping" 101 is the name of the game ---buying low and selling high.

prime exsample--- went to local church bazzar sale ---saw some jewelry --most was garbage "junk" stuff but one item caught my eye -- so I checked it for markings yep humm 925 sterling silver necklace --nice --ask the gal "how much?" 25 cents she said -, so I paid her and took the necklace -when I went home, later on I ran it online with the name brand and ---humm 19.95 plus shipping (would have cost me over $25 to buy new with shipping ) -- thus I got the item for lees than 1% of its normal value -- and by the way my 10 year old neice just loves her new necklace * uncle ivan got her.-- do I feel bad nope.
 
Buy it, sell it, go back and give her half of the profits. Karma baby! Plus, she might respect you enough to pull out the real valuable stuff.
 
robbuckalew said:
Scenario:

You are doing a little yard sale hoping, spending all day looking for some nice treasures. After hours of hunting with no real finds, you stop at a small house with a table of old coins. One coin catches your eye. It happens to be a REAL $20 Double Eagle, the price tag says $40 What would you do?

There is no "she" or no " old lady" and no "little old lady" mentioned in the original post. The above situation does not mention the gender or age of the seller of the items.

Just wanted to point that out.

Thank you.

Ray S
 
Ray S ECenFL said:
robbuckalew said:
Scenario:

You are doing a little yard sale hoping, spending all day looking for some nice treasures. After hours of hunting with no real finds, you stop at a small house with a table of old coins. One coin catches your eye. It happens to be a REAL $20 Double Eagle, the price tag says $40 What would you do?

There is no "she" or no " old lady" and no "little old lady" mentioned in the original post. The above situation does not mention the gender or age of the seller of the items.

Just wanted to point that out.

Thank you.

Ray S

Thanks Ray - I corrected myself had you read further.
 
I would probably offer a flat price for every coin that was there and take them all. :thumbsup:

GG~
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom