What's new

school find -- 1916s Merc

7up2000

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
533
Reaction score
1,342
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1 hour 20 minute hunt at a school. Figured it to be built maybe 1960s. I wasn't finding too many coins: 1 quarter, 1 dime, and 4 pennies. Then over at the rock garden got a faint, clear signal at about 2.5". Surprised to see the Merc come out: 1916s. I'll clean her up and sell it on ebay as I could use some extra cash. They seem to be going for about $5-20 depending on condition. 1916D is the one that is real valuable. HH.
Cleaned her up.
 

Attachments

  • 20240901_160508.webp
    20240901_160508.webp
    227.4 KB · Views: 240
  • 20240901_160520.webp
    20240901_160520.webp
    245.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 20240901_160650.webp
    20240901_160650.webp
    247.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 20240901_133130.webp
    20240901_133130.webp
    503.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 20240901_133137.webp
    20240901_133137.webp
    596.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 20240904_114306.webp
    20240904_114306.webp
    342.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 20240904_114342.webp
    20240904_114342.webp
    225.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Upvote 26
1 hour 20 minute hunt at a school. Figured it to be built maybe 1960s. I wasn't finding too many coins: 1 quarter, 1 dime, and 4 pennies. Then over at the rock garden got a faint, clear signal at about 2.5". Surprised to see the Merc come out: 1916s. I'll clean her up and sell it on ebay as I could use some extra cash. They seem to be going for about $5-20 depending on condition. HH.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!! I wouldn’t sell it😂
 
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!! I wouldn’t sell it😂
I've kept all the previous 13 Mercs that I've found--so I probably will keep this one.

When this one popped out of the ground, I was stunned but I didn't get the head rush that I've always gotten before. Something's changed. I really just do it for the exercise and if I do find a cool coin once in a while, that's nice.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom