What's new

School Permission

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
1,284
Reaction score
859
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I decided to bypass school principals and go right to the top.

The superintendent gave me permission to hunt all schools in district, as long as it's not on school hours and I am respectful and discreet. She liked the idea of me picking up any garbage I find.

I just have to let them know I'm there (if there is anyone in building) and off I go. If the principal says no, "Talk to your boss". lol

Time to go hunt for that chain I lost when I was 12 yrs old. :hello2:
 
yea i always think about the small gold ring i lost at school :'( MR TUFF
 
Wow, :o

What a deal ! :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Keep @ It and HH !! ;D :D
 
Yeah as far as I know, it was a grey zone in the past.

I don't plan on hitting every school out there (yet), but I sure do want to find that old cross and chain I lost in elementary. Would mean more to me than finding 500 dollars in clad.

I had a look around there the other day, not much has changed.
 
Good deal , its always better to know you can ,i have the same deal here 2 1850,s built schools and all the modern add on,s the head grounds keeper even told me what parts have water irrigation which makes it easy to dig Good luck Dd60
 
just go out, dig it all and have fun!!
 
I've been hunting the local school here almost everyday for the past 3 weeks and vacuumed a ton of clad out of it but not one piece of "worthy" jewelry. Interesting though, they regraded the whole field and brought in MANY 40 foot dumpers in with dirt, and I am finding some odd 1900-1920's odds and ends. Makes you wonder where that dirt came from?
 
Haha tell me about it lennon.

That is a mystery for sure.
 
I found my old grade school fenced and gated with a lock. I asked permission to hunt it and if it was OK to use a stepladder to get over the gate. I was given the Ok and a security guard drove up who didn't get the word. I have a knack for bamboozling folks so I toyed with him for a bit and before it was over he was almost holding the ladder for me. I posted on it a loooong time ago. My old school yard had changed so much and partially paved that I didn't find much except some modern coins and some junque. I did find an old pot medal '51 Chevy pickup truck buried just outside the gate. We use to be able to bring our toys to school and even our shotguns to go hunting after school! The teacher would store our shotguns and ammo in the broom closed while school was in session. It was so much more fun before society went nuts! Monty
 
Monty said:
I found my old grade school fenced and gated with a lock. I asked permission to hunt it and if it was OK to use a stepladder to get over the gate. I was given the Ok and a security guard drove up who didn't get the word. I have a knack for bamboozling folks so I toyed with him for a bit and before it was over he was almost holding the ladder for me. I posted on it a loooong time ago. My old school yard had changed so much and partially paved that I didn't find much except some modern coins and some junque. I did find an old pot medal '51 Chevy pickup truck buried just outside the gate. We use to be able to bring our toys to school and even our shotguns to go hunting after school! The teacher would store our shotguns and ammo in the broom closed while school was in session. It was so much more fun before society went nuts! Monty

U are either joking or as old as dirt! NEVER have I seen a single gun when I was in elementary school, which was back in the 50s. Just how are you in general terms?
 
Thanks for sharing that wonderful story.

The hunting bit made my jaw drop, but times are different thats for sure. :)

Happy hunting sir!
 
Congrats on the permission to hunt.
 
Yeah, the old days, we had to leave our guns and knives with our milk snack on the shelf when...huh?
 
Where I grew up in the '50's and 60's, they closed school for the deer and pheasant opener.
ffd
 
fistfulladirt said:
Where I grew up in the '50's and 60's, they closed school for the deer and pheasant opener.
ffd

We could, and did go barefoot too school for most of the 6 grades in grade school. Between that and the nap time on the "blanky", there was not a better experience in my whole school upbringing in this life I've led. Things were simple and good back then.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom