What's new

School Providing Bucket Listers..........

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
3,194
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been picking at the grounds around a school all year. Not too much at a time because of the dry summer. In early September, I took the next to last pass of a long (70 yard) grassy field the kids use for play. Usually I can pick more than a dollar from one pass. On this pass, however, all I dug was pull tabs, eraser tops, can slaw, bits of kids jewelry.........not one coin!! I got to the other end and had one last signal...........

916 1899 Barber Dime.webp

I happily went home with one dime!! What a dime!! My 1st Barber dime.......1899!!

Today, on short time, I poked around the same area concentrating on the deep, faint, fuzzy signals. These were 2 of the 4 coins I retrieved. The larger is almost certainly a V nickle (my 1st). I'll know more after some cleaning............

1024 Keepers.webp

Thanks for lookin' in and best of luck to you all................
 
Upvote 42
Here's a cleanup (as good as it will get) of the V Nickle..........

1024 VNickle.webp
 
Congrats on the Barber. That's the way all my nickels come up. I haven't pulled a decent one yet.
 
Congratulations on those finds. Those are a great start in that area ,keep hunting there.
 
Congrats on your first Barber Dime.
 
Congrats - although the nickle looks like a Nilla Wafer.....mmmmm now am hungry
 
Congratulations on your 1st Barber Dime,,
That V is toasted, very sad.
 
Wow, great finds! Firsts are so exciting. Congrats. -Lisa & John
 
Congratulations Chuck!!!!!!!!!!!! :occasion14: :headbang:
 
Congratualtions on your first Barber dime! :occasion14:
 
Congrats on the Barber. That's the way all my nickels come up. I haven't pulled a decent one yet.

Thanks, DigIron. I did manage a couple of decent Buffalo (a '28 and '29) nickles earlier this year. Otherwise, mine are all toasted, too.

Congratulations on those finds. Those are a great start in that area ,keep hunting there.

The wet ground helped with those signals, so yes, I plan on staying on that spot for a while........more rain in the forecast!

Congrats on your first Barber Dime.

The Barber was a shock coming out of that ground...........felt good, though!!
 
Congrats on your firsts!
 
Congrats - although the nickle looks like a Nilla Wafer.....mmmmm now am hungry

LOL......haven't tried chewing on it, yet. Although there was some saliva applied in the field..............:laughing7:

Congratulations on your 1st Barber Dime,,
That V is toasted, very sad.

Thanks, atw! Yeah, the V is disappointing........can't even get a date............:dontknow:...........but heck, it's still a 1st!

Congrats on the silver dime and nickel

Thank you, art..........
 
Wow, great finds! Firsts are so exciting. Congrats. -Lisa & John

It's taken a while to get to some of my 1st timers, but well worth the wait.........the difficult part is controlling the level of excitement in the field!!
 
Congrats on pulling a couple of 1st's Chizzy. :occasion14: Finds like those feed the fire.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom