rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So i thought i would take a little break from the train station and go to the middle school here. I went inside and asked the superintendent if it was ok and he said yes as long as if i found the jackpot, i split it with the school and he asked if i would please remove all the nails i found :) I said of course i would take all the junk i found. Anyway, nothing really old was found but that was ok givin the quantity i found. I did find one buffalo nickel that i can't make the date out. Here are the pics. IMAG0388.jpg IMAG0390.jpg IMAG0391.jpg

Upvote 6

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
next time might be even better, you just don't know until you go back. still looks like a good time was had

L

l2hunt

I love school grounds, always leave with plenty of clad heheheh

OP
OP
rodarian

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am certainly going back. Only got to spend two hours there and never got out of the "playground" area till the last ten minutes. Thanks evry1. :headbang:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, a buffalo, that's cool, sounds like a good spot to pound the heck out of, sweet!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunted a school yard myself/ I actually found a DS game called "Big Brain". I cleaned it and once it dries, it may even still work. I just wish I knew the kid who lost it so I could give it back. You just never know what you'll dig up, especially where kids hang out.

Got some battery money as well. Gotta' love those schoolyards. They're also great practice spots for kids because you always find something. I took a 12 year old friend the other day on his 2nd hunt ever. He got his first jewelry after about 10-15 minutes. It's a junk heart pin but he is pumped over his first jewelry find. He also got a nice little pile of clad for his effort. The seed has been planted and has taken root.

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
School yard hunts (especially if the school is old) can be very relaxing. You can dig as few or as many signals as you want. There is a good chance to find jewelry, silver coins, Wheaties, buffalo nickels etc. Throw in a few dollar in clad and the day is complete.

OP
OP
rodarian

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, this town was founded i around 1780. Susan B. Anthony went to school here and later taught school here. That school is, of course, long gone but the present school was built on the same site and was erected in 1926. The history of this town goes back well before 1780 but that was when we were established as a town. I think i will spend a few more hours there, especially since i have school permission. We actually have a book that was found in the walls of my in-laws(it was being used for insulation) that was givin to a child, from a teacher. She wrote a congratulation for passing the school year. It's hand dated, 1870. Thanks for all the comments.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, this town was founded i around 1780. Susan B. Anthony went to school here and later taught school here. That school is, of course, long gone but the present school was built on the same site and was erected in 1926. The history of this town goes back well before 1780 but that was when we were established as a town. I think i will spend a few more hours there, especially since i have school permission. We actually have a book that was found in the walls of my in-laws(it was being used for insulation) that was givin to a child, from a teacher. She wrote a congratulation for passing the school year. It's hand dated, 1870. Thanks for all the comments.

I thought she attended a boarding school in Connecticut but could be mistaken. She did work as a headmistress in Canajoharie, NY for three or four years.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh Canajoharie is in my stomping grounds .Never knew that fact

Top Member Reactions