Schoolyard find from 5-21-05

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got up early this morning expecting to see rain, but it wasn't raining yet so I grabbed the ACE250 and hit my local schoolyard again. I have worked my way away from the playground, and am now hunting the edge of the ballfield near the woods. My finds were meager, with 1 quarter, 1 dime, 1 nickel, and a few pennies, but one was a 1958D wheatie, so that made my morning. It was my 2nd wheatie out of this field, so I'm confident there must be a silver or two in there somewhere (school was built in the mid 50s) Also found a copper or brass button. I doesn't look too old, but the weight suprised me. It's slightly smaller than a quarter, but is very heavy for it's size. I haven't seen metal buttons like that on clothes or coates since I was a little kid. Hauled another ton of trash out of the schoolyard again today. You could hear all the broken glass gingling around in my trash pouch on the walk home, that's how much there was. It's a miracle the kids don't get all cut up playing around this field. Anyway, I'm hoping the get another hour or two later today or tommorow AM. Hope everyone finds some nice stuff this weekend! HH!

Attachments

• Sherman 5-21-05.JPG
    Sherman 5-21-05.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 211
  • Sherman 1958D Wheat 5-21-05.JPG
    Sherman 1958D Wheat 5-21-05.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 213
  • Sherman 1958D Wheat Back 5-21-05.JPG
    Sherman 1958D Wheat Back 5-21-05.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions