What's new

Scientists Pay $300 Per Drop For This Weed Growing Behind Barns

I Missed This Here in Pottsville PA! Maybe they were Having Parties :laughing7:
000aaa.webp

There Used to be a Sign at the Bottom, You Will Be arrested If You try to get On the Property.

I Just Looked The Warning Sign is Gone ! :o



1768878114989.webp

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: DocHouse has closed its medical marijuana facility in Norwegian Twp., sources confirmed.
000bbb.webp

The DocHouse sign at 740 Ann Street is removed, and the mountaintop complex has been shuttered.
“The state Department of Health, Bureau of Medical Marijuana, received DocHouse LLC’s notice of intent to close the grower/processor facility under permit GP-18-1002 on July 31,” the department said in a written statement. “The bureau conducted the closure inspection on Sept. 9, at which time DocHouse surrendered its permit.”


Ayr Wellness, formerly Ayr Strategies, also owned cannabis operations in Massachusetts, Nevada, Arizona and Ohio.

Attempts to reach a company spokesperson were unsuccessful.

DocHouse apparently furloughed its workforce at the Norwegian Twp. facility, which had been growing and processing medical marijuana since 2020.

DocHouse has had a checkered past in Norwegian Twp.
000aaa.webp
 
Last edited:
I have four elderberry bushes at the top of one garden that I make jam from. And we have a recurring pokeweed cluster I mow around in our pasture. Birds love the berries and the 7 foot purple stems are attractive.
 
put the Most Hated Guy or Gal in the Tribe in Cage with only one Thing to Eat. If a week Later He's still a Pain in the Arse Try something Else.

If he dies get the 2nd Most hated guy :laughing7:

Then Call it Science :coffee2:
Knew a guy that kept pet cats for 1 reason only. If he caught a Spanish Mackerel or other certain reef fish he would fillet it and keep in the fridge not to eat until it passed the Cat test. If after a few days the cat was still alive the fish was ok to eat.
Ciguatera being the issue.
I asked him how many cat's over the yrs. He just smiled and said "a Few". 😆
 
This thread makes me feel both lucky and paranoid. I've eaten poke weed many times (the greens, never the berries or red stems) and never got sick, and I have eaten "high risk" reef fish many times and never got sick from that either. But now I'm wondering (though more about the fish than the poke...)
 
This thread makes me feel both lucky and paranoid. I've eaten poke weed many times (the greens, never the berries or red stems) and never got sick, and I have eaten "high risk" reef fish many times and never got sick from that either. But now I'm wondering (though more about the fish than the poke...)
I wonder if it Was More Cnditioning then the So-Called Poisons Back Then . If you were brought up Without Fear, Your Bodies Immune System
worked for, Not Against You :icon_thumleft:
 
10 Toxic US Plants That Are Actually Expensive Medicine (When Used Correctly)They grow in gardens, roadsides, and forests, but few realize that these deadly plants hide compounds worth hundreds, even thousands of dollars in modern medicine.

LOL there was Tons of Pokeweed and Elderberry Where I Grew up ,

Elderberry Berries Were a Bit Bitter, But as A kid I Couldn't Resist eating a couple off the Tree out Back of the Neighbors occasionally for that bitter Taste . they are so tiny, 1 or 2 , probably safer then eating a fly

Pokeweed, (poison Berries)
All I Knew of it was From Word of Mouth ! that they were Poison.
They Grew Freely along the Back Alley Too


I've seen the Angel’s Trumpets in Peoples Yards, Possibly even My Neighbors & Grandmothers Yard when she Lived at the Cider Mill.

Some of th Othrs Look Familiar Also

00:00 | Introduction - Poison and cure, fear and healing, sometimes they come from the same leaf.
01:09 | Angel’s Trumpet (Brugmansia suaveolens) - Banned in several states for its hallucinogenic effects, yet used in labs to create drugs for Parkinson’s and heart arrhythmias.
03:30 | Pokeweed (Phytolacca americana)- Every part of this plant is toxic, but researchers are investigating PAP protein for its potential in cancer and HIV therapy.
05:52 | Elderberry (Sambucus spp.) - Found in pricey flu syrups, but raw berries, bark, and roots can release cyanide if improperly prepared.
07:46 | Great Mullein (Verbascum thapsus) - Once smoked by pioneers to ease tuberculosis symptoms, now featured in respiratory teas, lozenges, and tinctures.
09:45 | Wild Cherry Bark (Prunus serotina) - Contains hydrogen cyanide in raw form, but once carefully processed, it becomes a powerful cough suppressant.
11:38 | Willow Bark (Salix spp.) - This tree gave birth to aspirin. Contains salicin, a natural anti-inflammatory studied since ancient Egypt and Greece.
13:50 | Burdock Root (Arctium lappa) - A misunderstood weed with deep detox potential, supports liver and gut health but may absorb heavy metals from soil
16:11 | Yellow Dock (Rumex crispus) - Folk medicine labeled it a “blood purifier.” Its compounds are now being explored for liver support and mineral absorption.
18:25 | Bearberries (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi) - A classic UTI remedy, effective in moderation, but high doses of hydroquinone can damage liver and kidneys.
20:55 | Red Clover (Trifolium pratense) - Once livestock feed, now a natural support for menopause. Rich in phytoestrogens that mimic human hormones
.
So the next time you see a “poisonous” plant… it might just be nature’s most valuable medicine in disguise.



just plain wow. lotsa barns in berks and up north.
 
They Grow along Allyways, Roads & old Outhouses also .

any place weeds are not cut down regularly :coffee2:
 
Ahhh the good ole days as a teenager...
picking mushrooms out of cow shit...
washing briefly with some water and chewing em down.
 
Last edited:
yea thats the one part I think is bs. my guess they either grow their own,
or have exclusive suppliers with Quality Control Standards.
I Don't Doubt the Prices as Much as I Doubt the Suggestion Anyone can Sell Theirs. When they are Producing Medications , They Need More then
A Poor citizen can supply While walking in with a sack :tongue3:

But then Again :dontknow:
The illicit weed industry is a prime example of how controls fail. The cartels feed the plants dangerous chemicals (think rodenticides, insecticides, biocides, ect). They pour much of it directly into the water tank, where the plant will store the chemicals to ward off birds, insects, fungus, ect. Now they are infusing the chemicals into combustible material and smoking the plants with the burning chemicals.

Then they extract the honey oil and sell it to the CBD/hemp growers. The bud from the hemp is treated with the honey oil and sold under who knows what pretense at the local pot shop. It’s known for the high CBD and THC content. It’s a wickedly dishonest industry. Wouldn’t touch it if you forced me.

Most people see hemp fields and assume it’s for natural textiles, building materials, ropes, ect. Why not?

Each customer is providing long term medical data through trial and error, kind of like how the natives figured out which plants were toxic.
 
This thread makes me feel both lucky and paranoid. I've eaten poke weed many times (the greens, never the berries or red stems) and never got sick, and I have eaten "high risk" reef fish many times and never got sick from that either. But now I'm wondering (though more about the fish than the poke...)
Guy that owned the local tackle shop in Yeppoon Queensland when I was there, same place where I knew the cat guy, had eaten fish with it and got really sick. He said he just didn't take chances with the Spanish Mackerel there again, in that region they had the highest levels, as the Dr told him next time could kill you.
From the website "You are not immune if you’ve already had ciguatera poisoning. You may even be more sensitive to the toxin the next time you get it."
https://nt.gov.au/wellbeing/health-conditions/ciguatera-poisoning
 
The illicit weed industry is a prime example of how controls fail. The cartels feed the plants dangerous chemicals (think rodenticides, insecticides, biocides, ect). They pour much of it directly into the water tank, where the plant will store the chemicals to ward off birds, insects, fungus, ect. Now they are infusing the chemicals into combustible material and smoking the plants with the burning chemicals.
At least in Oregon, they test the stuff for poisons and mold and such.
 
When we were all "hunters and gathers" to survive, the women mostly did the gathering of plants for food and medicine, when they encountered a new plant they would first touch it to the skin and then to the tongue, if no bad experience they would then take a small nibble, if no ill affects they try a bigger bite, rinse and repeat until it was felt safe as food and it became a regular source of food when in season, if the above resulted in some reactions that killed pain, relieved symptoms and not the tester, then it was a candidate for being used as medicine, over 1000s and 1000s of years of doing this we learned what to eat and what to use to help us feel better!
 
However, I don’t want to sidetrack this topic in a negative way. I’d love to hear that treatments for brain diseases are all around us to be utilized. I believe brain inflammation is at least a symptom of our modern epidemic that appears more and more in our parents and grandparents.
 
I heard scientists also pay $300 an ounce for weed grown IN barns.
:P
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom