Scored my first SLQ !

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Saturday my son and I met up with another friend and went detecting. We found a spot next to a redone building that seemed to still have some old stuff. The ground was fairly mineralized and a good bit of iron around. We picked up wheats, clad, misc junk and my son found a couple mercs.

We breaked for lunch and decided to go back for 1 more hour. I'm glad we did...
As soon as we got back I set up the Quattro for sens 16, low trash and all metal mode. Did my noise cancel and started to search. Was getting a lot of -10 noise. Not more than 5 minutes I get a higher tone and see a 14 flash for a second. Dug the signal and out pops a Buffalo Nickel.
Then I think I dug some trash. About 10 minutes later I get the high tone(s) and see a 38 flash for a second before again going back to some minus numbers. I re-swept and although I don't think I got another 38 it was convincing enough on the tone to think it was most likely a wheat penny. Then out pops this 1920 SLQ. My first! Definitely made my day. ;D

HH
Mirage

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 506
  • merc1917.jpg
    merc1917.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 501
  • Wheats.jpg
    Wheats.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 504
  • buffalo.jpg
    buffalo.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 500
  • slq.jpg
    slq.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 503
Upvote 0

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a nice haul. Very nice Standing Lib. You seldom find them with a readable date especially the early ones with the raised date.
Did you find the Mercury dime under cement? They tend to turn black like that if they were under a street or sidewalk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread