Scout mission 1 dig = 1901 v nick

Tuggerman

Jan 1, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On way home had to stop for scouting mission. Old tracks, old crossing, city lot. Not much on old topos and aerials but been thinking about it for a while. Wife was waiting at home so only had time for 3 sample targets. Lot was pretty quiet and started to get frustrated because nearby high voltage lines. Decided to dig the next solid signal. Miss pin pointed and had to widen the hole, so perhaps it's 2 digs. But got a nice one. image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 6

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you!!!!

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the V-Nickel. I hope you get another one on your next hunt. It looks to be in nice shape for a dug V-Nickel, I think I can see the date of "1907" or "1901", am I right?

OP
OP
T

Tuggerman

Jan 1, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1901 and it is in pretty good shape. Found one other that was in not so good shape at different site while back. And it was the only coin I pulled there. Hopefully v nicks aren't jinxed!

OP
OP
T

Tuggerman

Jan 1, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So got a couple hours in at this spot today and got bupkis! That's what I get for getting excited and bragging. Dug lots of trash. Might be better after some nice frosts. Got some thick periwinkle and other ground cover, with some poison ivy thrown in. Had my fill couple weeks ago hunting in the woods and just got over the worst chiggers and poison ivy bout ever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread