What's new

Scouting for new land.......SITE PHOTOs

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,593
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scouting for new land.......SITE PHOTO's

Dad only had two hours to spare today, so we went looking for future land.

First field was a 10 minute drive away in the middle of no-where but it had been recently hayed.

I got 1 button & after Dad got a 1983 £1 coin at 4inches it was time to move on....

Took several site photo as requested.
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    81.6 KB · Views: 800
  • 1d.webp
    1d.webp
    42 KB · Views: 763
  • 1c.webp
    1c.webp
    83 KB · Views: 785
  • 1b.webp
    1b.webp
    97.4 KB · Views: 773
  • 1a.webp
    1a.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 787
Upvote 0
Re: Scouting for new land.......

Next we went to the Big Grass Field we had spent 30 days on earlier this year.

Dad got 1 Army Button & then shouted at me... (which is normally a good sign these days :wink:).....
 

Attachments

  • 2a.webp
    2a.webp
    41.1 KB · Views: 763
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    88.4 KB · Views: 761
Re: Scouting for new land.......

He had spotted a ploughed field ;D

We only had 30mins left but had 3 lead tokens, 1 tudor button, Tudor cloth seal with cross, scrappy roman coin.

Now we found somewhere to search...
 

Attachments

  • 3c.webp
    3c.webp
    84.6 KB · Views: 712
  • 3b.webp
    3b.webp
    88.7 KB · Views: 729
  • 3a.webp
    3a.webp
    92.3 KB · Views: 736
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    108.1 KB · Views: 755
  • 3d.webp
    3d.webp
    64.9 KB · Views: 703
Re: Scouting for new land.......

allen said:
that is definetily a reason to shout !!!

That wasn't the reason :D
 
Re: Scouting for new land.......SITE PHOTO's

This is great, Thanks for sharing.
 
Re: Scouting for new land.......SITE PHOTO's

now those are some awesome sites, makes it a whole lot easier when it's plowed
 
Re: Scouting for new land.......SITE PHOTO's

Sniffer said:
now those are some awesome sites, makes it a whole lot easier when it's plowed

I only do plowed fields except this time of year when I'm desperate :tongue3:
 
Re: Scouting for new land.......SITE PHOTO's

CRUSADER said:
Sniffer said:
now those are some awesome sites, makes it a whole lot easier when it's plowed

I only do plowed fields except this time of year when I'm desperate :tongue3:

What's the deal with getting permission to hunt these fields? Or are they public land and open for anyone to dig?
 
Re: Scouting for new land.......SITE PHOTO's

Kiros32 said:
CRUSADER said:
Sniffer said:
now those are some awesome sites, makes it a whole lot easier when it's plowed

I only do plowed fields except this time of year when I'm desperate :tongue3:

What's the deal with getting permission to hunt these fields? Or are they public land and open for anyone to dig?

I gain permission pior to detecting any private land. Generally public land has by-laws against detecting.
 
Re: Scouting for new land.......SITE PHOTO's

That plowed field image is one of the s m o o t h e s t fields I've ever seen. . . I'd feel guilty
about altering the "visual harmony" of its linear patterns when I dug :D

Good luck on your future hunts!
watercolor
 
Re: Scouting for new land.......SITE PHOTO's

Nice finds! What is the cob looking coin made of?
 
Re: Scouting for new land.......SITE PHOTO's

jimb said:
Nice finds! What is the cob looking coin made of?

Its a Tudor LEAD cloth seal.
 
Re: Scouting for new land.......SITE PHOTO's

watercolor said:
That plowed field image is one of the s m o o t h e s t fields I've ever seen. . . I'd feel guilty
about altering the "visual harmony" of its linear patterns when I dug :D

Good luck on your future hunts!
watercolor

We don't normally get them this flat, but it makes a refreshing change.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom