May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dad & I spent most of our time driving around, looking at crop patterns & hoping for some free land. We had very little luck in finding anywhere, but we did confirm Land-Mag's recent Roman Site. Funny thing was, that last Sunday Dad & I went looking for the area Land-Mag found & stumbled upon another pottery spread in the next field. This time we knew where to look & I took the detector up a couple of tyre tracks & found 3 Roman Coins in 30 Minutes. Site Confirmed & looking forward to harvest:blob8: We now have 3 new Roman Sites to look at this year!
Then we spent about 1 hour searching a small game strip near one of our sites & picked up another coin.
1 button:laughing7:
Best find - Fishscale patterned Crotal Bell - the earliest type medieval bell, with iron pea.

So all was not lost, but next week might be a different story:tongue3:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 2
Good to have some new possibilities on hand! Looks like a good field for the new season. Three months of waiting. Can You borrow me Land-Mag??? Nice crotal bell btw!

Good to have some new possibilities on hand! Looks like a good field for the new season. Three months of waiting. Can You borrow me Land-Mag??? Nice crotal bell btw!
Not sure on the question, but Land-Mag our 3rd partner (researcher/scouter/permission gainer) might be available for consultancy work in Germany, but you will have to pay travel & expenses;-) (although I not sure on his German speaking skills)

Its encouraging for the future post-harvest hunts...

Not sure on the question, but Land-Mag our 3rd partner (researcher/scouter/permission gainer) might be available for consultancy work in Germany, but you will have to pay travel & expenses;-) (although I not sure on his German speaking skills)
Looks like he is a genius in finding new sites. I got some new land and i'm not sure about what i can expect... No probs with speaking german, i have beer on hand. I works for me when trying to get myself in trouble, so i guess it will work for him too!

Looks like he is a genius in finding new sites. I got some new land and i'm not sure about what i can expect... No probs with speaking german, i have beer on hand. I works for me when trying to get myself in trouble, so i guess it will work for him too!

He is a networker & researcher who is without equal.

CRUSADER said:
Cheers, its as old & as whole as you could hope for.

I vote your quote for a banner add, when I read those lines I was scared I'd find an old lady bending over... It's as old of a hole as you can hope for.... Classic, lol

Great finds and you also have something to look forward to! That is a good feeling. Tennessee digger

Great finds and you also have something to look forward to! That is a good feeling. Tennessee digger

The confirmation of good research & teamwork is a great feeling...

Pretty good for a "scouting trip" I didn't manage a single coin today.

I always enjoy finding bells too, although none so old as yours, i've managed 8 so far this season.

Pretty good for a "scouting trip" I didn't manage a single coin today.

I always enjoy finding bells too, although none so old as yours, i've managed 8 so far this season.
8 is a lot already.

Nice Great Constantinvs coin ...congrats !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back