What's new

Scranton Park Detecting

Treasure Quest

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2008
Messages
51
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Can anyone tell me if theres any ordinance against detecting in the city parks? I didn't see anything on the parks rules website but sometimes the local police have there own interpretation of the rules.
 
If there is nothing on the website or posted on the rules at the park entrance, go for it. Make them show you where it says you can't and why. It is your park too!
 
Down by me.. they tell me if the park has on the rules of no...untuff means you cant md cause you are digging up the grass..but the deer hoofs rip the parks up more then I could do..so I think they should band deer from the park for untuff the grass lol :laughing7: :thumbsup:
 
All parks are open to detectors, however you won't find much but clad coins. State parks are a different story though.
-What I mean is I've never had a problem. and the site does not mention anything about Md'ing-edited
 
Last edited:
All parks are open to detectors, however you won't find much but clad coins. State parks are a different story though.
-What I mean is I've never had a problem. and the site does not mention anything about Md'ing-edited

State parks are open.
but
You are supposed to alert the Park office before all visits ,
unless told different by the Ranger in charge.
or they supply you with a Permit (Permits where supplied, are free)
the one I have gone to told me to bring any historical items,
and personal Returnable items to the park office for inspection.

But no need for Clad & trash

Again that was just one ranger who told me this after I pressed her on
whether I needed to stop in & turn over My Can tabs, rusty nails & Zinclons :laughing7:
 
Same for the one I have done. Could only use a 5" screwdriver as a digger too.


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
 
Same for the one I have done. Could only use a 5" screwdriver as a digger too.


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Correct I forgot that part :tongue3:

"Long Narrow Prong Device" here
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom