OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then you take off like a bat out of Heck!! ::)

Attachments

• DSCN3895.JPG
    DSCN3895.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,167
OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You back up and reposition the chain and.....

Attachments

• DSCN3896.JPG
    DSCN3896.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,151
OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you get busy and cut every thing in 3 foot sections. See its easy as falling off a truck. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSCN3897.JPG
    DSCN3897.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 1,168

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery said:
Now you get busy and cut every thing in 3 foot sections. See its easy as falling off a truck. :thumbsup:
first off that some nice scrap :o
i just have a question, what do you use to cut up the metal?

wardon

Greenie
Aug 30, 2007
Whitsid look in the bottom of the last picture you will see the top of a gas powerd chop saw. They work great if you can find a young healthy stud to run it. Mine weighs about fifty pounds. wardon

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wardon said:
Whitsid look in the bottom of the last picture you will see the top of a gas powerd chop saw. They work great if you can find a young healthy stud to run it. Mine weighs about fifty pounds. wardon
Whitesid, Wordon is right the chop saw is heavy and hard to use but if you look at the pic you will see a hose for the torch. Metal here in Cali is going up every week so maybe by summer #2 iron will hit close to $400 a ton i hope.....aa

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
Is this little endeavor going to be appearing on America's Funniest Home Videos any time soon? LMAO, you sure know how to get the job done, AA. :icon_scratch:

You should send your photos to General Motors - they would make a good commercial showing how tough Chevy/GMC trucks are. :thumbsup:
Now Why Do Women Always Say Men And Their Little Stuff?? ;D TT i have some photos of the job i could not post because of its content. One photo is of me sitting on the Propane tank smoking not good. ::) The other photo is my cousin throwing steel in the trailer and his pants fell down around his ankles. :o Thanks for the comments :thumbsup:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Urban Prospector said:
I want to see the pic where you use the torch to cut the propane tanks.
Funny you say that those tanks will stay there untouched by any torch...aa

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
I use to work for Vangas selling propane and propane accesories. When tanks got old or rusty we scraped them. I always removed all brass valves, popoffs and plugs. Propane is oderless so they add murcaptain (sp?) to make it stink.The murcaptain would seperate and collect in the bottom. I removed a valve once and this oily goo oozed out and onto my hand. Thought nothing of it at the time but my hand smelled so foul I wanted to cut it off. It stunk for weeks.
Even after sitting open for months those tanks can be dangerous. The guys at the scrap yard didn't agree and would cut them up with reckless abandon and ah, torches. They never had a problem as far as I knew. Scaped a RV once and sold the disc brake setup for much more then scrap value. You might run an add if ya got a free add paper like our "Recycler" here. Luck to ya Urb.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Urban Prospector said:
I use to work for Vangas selling propane and propane accesories. When tanks got old or rusty we scraped them. I always removed all brass valves, popoffs and plugs. Propane is oderless so they add murcaptain (sp?) to make it stink.The murcaptain would seperate and collect in the bottom. I removed a valve once and this oily goo oozed out and onto my hand. Thought nothing of it at the time but my hand smelled so foul I wanted to cut it off. It stunk for weeks.
Even after sitting open for months those tanks can be dangerous. The guys at the scrap yard didn't agree and would cut them up with reckless abandon and ah, torches. They never had a problem as far as I knew. Scaped a RV once and sold the disc brake setup for much more then scrap value. You might run an add if ya got a free add paper like our "Recycler" here. Luck to ya Urb.
Propane companies here have mountains of tanks because scrap yards wont take um...aa

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Scraped some steel forklift tanks and oxy acet tanks bout a year ago no problem. Was told way back when that propane impregnated in the steel and the tanks were still volatile even after being exposed to ambient air for years. Told that to the junk dogs when I took the tanks in they said "hum" or something to that effect and cut em up.Heard no boom nor saw my name in the paper so assume all was cool.There are different rules in different areas I'm learning from posting here. Tried to scrap 9 latex paint cans last week and they were rejected. They told me to take them home remove the tops and let the residue dry then they would take them. Not washed or clean just dry, Now there wasn't a brush full of paint left in these cans as I used it all cutting in the edges and I don't waste nothing. You pay them to take your TVs here. There is one new place that will accept them free if you deliver.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
most places can't take anything that 'll hold water, around here they make us crush the containers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread