Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Sundays scraper 3277FCFF-E4E3-4D28-B13C-65BCF572A6EE.jpeg E42C0EB0-5505-4696-B7BB-D702AEB9C414.jpeg B8A511F9-C1C4-4F6B-8736-ACFB6F02B1EC.jpeg 0DDB23F6-1645-4406-94E9-F7477BAA1BEE.jpeg

Pocket full of chips....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Fat

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I can carrya 2 liter bottle pop on my front pocket of my belt stays cinched, trout creek lithic I forgot to get a glow shot but it does...Ithink I’m going to try and dig out this spot. Very very little experience with no luck digging before. I know stuff is here.
That brazos river stuff made me realize....

kentucky Quinn

Jul 27, 2013
Eastern KY
I can carrya 2 liter bottle pop on my front pocket of my belt stays cinched, trout creek lithic I forgot to get a glow shot but it does...Ithink I’m going to try and dig out this spot. Very very little experience with no luck digging before. I know stuff is here.

Yea buddy!! That Brazos stuff Gars’ been posting is killing me!! I’m dying to get back to my spots and dig/sift till I hit the bottom!! Gotta be some more down there man!! Get it

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's pretty material. Sure looks old too. Retouched core struck blades like that are usually at least dalton age.

OP
OP
Fat

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Man that's pretty material. Sure looks old too. Retouched core struck blades like that are usually at least dalton age.

Pelican lake is what I have found basically at this spot or level? before now. I’ve thought about digging here before.
Would you please post some pics of your screens or your technique. Do you just dive in and start digging? Cut a trench? Dig a hole and go? That’s about my plan, a little bit of all the above I guess...

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
Man! Wonderful variety of very pretty material there. Could be wrong, but I think I see one pinkish flake of Quartzite?
That Hafted Scraper is a Blue Ribbon winner!

OP
OP
Fat

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Man! Wonderful variety of very pretty material there. Could be wrong, but I think I see one pinkish flake of Quartzite?
That Hafted Scraper is a Blue Ribbon winner!

The pink is my favorite, Flattop chalcedony..... also a couple jaspers, heartville uplift, pet wood, several shades of Spanish diggings,

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m so glad you got a nice hunt in...I always suspected you were part gopher part badger...Go get em Fat...great scraper, lookin for that glow shot.

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Pelican lake is what I have found basically at this spot or level? before now. I’ve thought about digging here before.
Would you please post some pics of your screens or your technique. Do you just dive in and start digging? Cut a trench? Dig a hole and go? That’s about my plan, a little bit of all the above I guess...
In Florida find flakes, dig small test holes, dig where largest concentration, slowly shave walls till flint runs out ( dry hole) ..Repeat, repeat, repeat.or something like that...Have fun.

KeyaPaha

Oct 12, 2015
Naper, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D and now M6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was told that your scraper is Wyoming Trade Flint. At least that is what an old artifact hunter told me.

OP
OP
Fat

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Go big Red.. what number is on your plates? Mine are 77.
I remember some old timers using that term. Also every paleo piece called a “Yuma”
I think it’s a very broad term and it’s half correct, Colo trade would also be half correct term.
There are so many lithic sources across that area but nowadays able to pin point the source a little better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread