What's new

Scratching around

robfinds

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
3,531
Reaction score
4,422
Golden Thread
5
Location
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
A few fields are ready to detect now. Unfortunately their surface as just been dragged. This means that only the top few inches of soil have been turned. So in fact I am just detecting the same soil as last season at the moment. Had a few finds though, which shows you can never find it all. The hammered silver penny is well battered, but looks like Edward III. The top item is a medieval leather decoration. The bottom item is a bit of a mystery. Think I've seen one of these before somewhere, but can't remember what it is. Robert.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6897.webp
    IMG_6897.webp
    202.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_6898.webp
    IMG_6898.webp
    293.2 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 14
Every hammered is a good find! And the belt mount is nice too. No idea on the other piece. Looks like a clamp of some sort....
 
Nice old piece of silver
 
Beauty hammered. That's awesome

Steve
 
Nice finds! Congrats!
 
Diagnostic Artifacts - Small Finds - Leather Ornaments
See above the US Maryland finds. Many of those leather mounts I used to think were Medieval/Tudor are 17th C, like I think your find is. Although there are many other types that are older.
I know what you mean when you say 'you can't get it all'. Often after a shallow turn I can't believe how much I missed last year! (although 45% coverage was Dad's Cortes)

No idea on the large thingie, never seen one. Brass?
 
Diagnostic Artifacts - Small Finds - Leather Ornaments
See above the US Maryland finds. Many of those leather mounts I used to think were Medieval/Tudor are 17th C, like I think your find is. Although there are many other types that are older.
I know what you mean when you say 'you can't get it all'. Often after a shallow turn I can't believe how much I missed last year! (although 45% coverage was Dad's Cortes)

No idea on the large thingie, never seen one. Brass?

Hello Cru, brass/bronze.
 
Still a couple of nice finds from the field soils being "tickled". As for the other thingy it might be electrical rated as the wire would go in the middle and the mounting bolts through the side slots.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom