Screwed over by Brinks

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Trying to hit my goal for the year ( I am so close ) I doubled my box order from my main pick up bank 4 boxes.
When I went to pick them up today the vault manager came over and told me that they came in but it is weird that the boxes have the tape already broken. I opened them up and low and behold not only is the seal broken but all the rolls have one end opened and folded over.
These are MY boxes that I have already searched and returned to other banks.
The vault manager knows that these were delivered by brinks. They have not taken in any boxes from customers.
Two of the boxes are boxes that I dumped at my credit union on Saturday. They are right accross the street. The other two are from boxes I dumped at other banks last week.
My bank understands my delema that I do not want to research these boxes but they will not order any more till they are gone.
I took two of them and they will order 2 boxes for next week. But then I have to take the other two.
I am going to put a big X on the boxes so that if brinks tries to deliver them again the bank said that they will refuse them.
How can brinks pick up boxes at one bank and deliver them to another bank without prossesing them through their plant? That is taking a huge risk on their part I think.

Attachments

• 1451438210647.jpg
    1451438210647.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 234
Upvote 0
OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used

Attachments

• 1451521923469.jpg
    1451521923469.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 123

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fact that you don't know why it's justice only makes it sweet justice.

I think what he means is this is Brinks way of getting back at you for making them unnecessarily pack yer halves back and forth. Remember, CRHing is 100% selfishness on our part. The banks and curriers gain nothing from us by providing this service (actually costs them time/labor). The rest of us have just found away to thwart their efforts to thwart our hobby.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love seen $20 long wrappers

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Not really. Have you actually learned from this experience, namely not to dump in the manner you do?

My dumping situation absolutely sucks. I have no coin machines (other than coin star) near me. No banks that will take bagged coins unless you have a business account (I do not). The only few banks that will take full boxes unfortunately are near pick up banks. Brinks and Loomis both use the same prossesing center. I have gotten loomis rolls in Brinks boxes and vise versa. It is NOT ideal. But, I am trying to make it work the best I can. I have plenty of banks that will take a few rolls at a time some up to $100.00. That i do but I can not dump enough that way.
I have worked hard to develope good relationships with all the banks I deal with.
I have only been CRH for a short time and am tweeking things as I go when I can.
I am not stepping on anyone's toes or ruining the hobby for anybody.
This was the first time I had received boxes like this and was just venting a little. Every experience good or bad I try to learn from.
For the people that felt it necessary to be rude and insulting it just shows your inadequacies not mine.
Happy hunting and happy new year.

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think what he means is this is Brinks way of getting back at you for making them unnecessarily pack yer halves back and forth. Remember, CRHing is 100% selfishness on our part. The banks and curriers gain nothing from us by providing this service (actually costs them time/labor). The rest of us have just found away to thwart their efforts to thwart our hobby.

No, what I do mean is that his laziness, (and that's exactly what it is) gives the armored carrier the perfect blueprint to be lazy, so why should a hard working hunter that dumps smartly end up with his resealed crap? If he doesn't smarten up I hope he gets nothing but lazy hunter boxes like that for the rest of his hunting days.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's keep it civil please, no insults...

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, what I do mean is that his laziness, (and that's exactly what it is) gives the armored carrier the perfect blueprint to be lazy, so why should a hard working hunter that dumps smartly end up with his resealed crap? If he doesn't smarten up I hope he gets nothing but lazy hunter boxes like that for the rest of his hunting days.

Explain to the less initiated like me how he is supposed to dump. How would you do it? Steve is doing it the way the banks asked him too.

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Explain to the less initiated like me how he is supposed to dump. How would you do it? Steve is doing it the way the banks asked him too.

Thank you
Happy Hunting I hope 2016 exceeds all your silver expectations.

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have said it many times before. One coin
Supplier will deliver and pick up currency from all the banks in a 20 mile radius. They are the same employees
And everything. Each bank does not have its own coin delivery and in most cases it's the same delivery service whether they are supplied by brinks or
Dunbar.

That's just wrong information.
Each banking company(BOA, Chase, TD, etc) hires a company. Around here, BOA and TD use Brinks. Susquehanna uses Loomis, as does SunBank. Doesn't matter if they're across the street from each other, they still use separate companies.

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's been my experience here too. I've seen a dunbar truck on one side of the road and a garda on the other.

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Around here we have brinks, loomis and guarda. Different armored companies service banks that are right next to each other. However, I have found that they buy from each other to fill orders. Especialy halves. Many time I have gotten boxes that I know came from brinks but they had halves wrapped in loomis wrappers.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just wrong information.
Each banking company(BOA, Chase, TD, etc) hires a company. Around here, BOA and TD use Brinks. Susquehanna uses Loomis, as does SunBank. Doesn't matter if they're across the street from each other, they still use separate companies.

In my area it's completely different. I have a very good friend who works for Dunbar and he has told me many times they will deliver to loomis banks, brinks banks, and others in the same truck. I have witnessed it my self. I have ordered from a Garda supplied bank and a brinks supplied bank that were close to each other and saw a Garda truck deliver long flat garda boxes and the brinks cubed boxes. This may not be the case in his area but it is around here. I also was saying that to him to make sure that brinks was not picking up as well from the bank across the street. Even though it seems they are.

gmrestoparts

Mar 6, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
Dont dump at a BRINKS bank and get your coins from one supplied by BRINKS. You will keep going through mostly your old coins over and over again, Find a dump bank supplied by another source. My .02

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really doesn't matter what you do. Sometimes you just get unlucky and get someone's or your own dump. Chalk it up to bad luck and move on. I know own it sucks and I hate it when it happened to me. I don't even search halve boxes anymore. Just curious rolls or loose. I have found doing dimes, nickels and pennies more fun and and lot easier to dump.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I wouldn't worry about it unless they give you consistent dumps. They actually did you a favor. You know they are dumps so you never had to search them so they saved you time. I've gotten repackaged dumps before. But it doesn't happen often. I wouldn't worry about it. The courier probably got busy, lazy, and had no time to re-enter them in a rolling machine. You can't really blame them too much. They filled the order with $500 in halves which is all they are required to do.

If I were you, I would get a business account so you can dump accordingly. If they ask you what your business is, its a CRH business. Remember not all businesses are profitable. Business accounts just need to you to keep an minimum account of cash in the account and that's it. Usually a couple K. It's best not to dump where you eat.

Last edited:

yvairguy

Greenie
Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the reasons i started dumping to coin star, to get my dumps hung up for an extra week or two before they filter back into my searching.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the reasons i started dumping to coin star, to get my dumps hung up for an extra week or two before they filter back into my searching.

Are you using the gift card option at coinstar? I really hope your not paying the 9% fee or whatever they charge. If you areally paying the fee, your better off just going out and buying silver. It will be cheaper for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread