What's new

script...emblem...on a gold ring

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
1,369
Reaction score
67
Golden Thread
0
Location
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. I found this 14 k ring awile back and I was hoping someone could help id the emblem on this ring....or mabey it's letters...not sure.It has 18 and then 85 on ither side of the emblem/script.Any ideas ?
 

Attachments

  • jewelry 018.webp
    jewelry 018.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 376
  • jewelry 019.webp
    jewelry 019.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 386
well you've got N A and S on there, not sure what order they go in, someones initials, or a school, some kind of civic organization, hard to tell.

National Audobon Society?

National Acadamy of Science?
 
Upvote 0
It's N&S or S&N...that's not an "A" it's a symbol for something. Nut cracker or calipers maybe. My opinion.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies y'all.

Dano Sverige said:
It's N&S or S&N...that's not an "A" it's a symbol for something. Nut cracker or calipers maybe. My opinion.

Thats what I was thinking.....that the center is some kind of symbol.
 
Upvote 0
Can you read the hallmark?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Can you read the hallmark?

Looks like T&sons...not sure on the T but definatly says &sons.
 
Upvote 0
Great find I played the your pic a little to see if I could get a little more detail!!! Chug
 

Attachments

  • jewelry_018.webp
    jewelry_018.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 289
Upvote 0
Chug and Red said:
Great find I played the your pic a little to see if I could get a little more detail!!! Chug
Thanks . :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
The symbal between the two letters looks like a Bishops mitre. so could be religious?
Hutch.
 
Upvote 0
I have done some searching and haven't found anything on this ring yet. But it must feel Really great to dig a gold ring from the 1800s, and find out that it is dated! :headbang:

Cheers,


Buck
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom