27 KB · Views: 536
Upvote 0

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
As someone so eloquently reminded me yesterday (about large cents), I haven't found any 3 cent pieces, and would be delighted with what you're showing. Of course it's frustrating, but better than finding nothing at all.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, awesome finds, I'd take anyone of those coins any day of the week.

HH, Ringfinder

P.S. When you going back to that site?

T

TreasureTales

;D ;D ;D ;D gwdigger, you got some great black-as-seagull-droppings coins! I'd take that kind of crap any time!!!! ;D ;D ;D They're delectable!!!

Around here, the seagull poop is black and white. Wonder what kind of coins that would describe?

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i dunno.......they look good to me! ;) i have seen quite a few broken three centers lately. whats up with that? what are they brittle or something?

OP
OP
gwdigger

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah, I am just making it interesting...I think. Truth is I would love to dig a few more of them today! I wont sell the seagull. (I wont touch the coins either- these days I cant bring myself to tamper with my finds aside from a wire brush on the copper etc)

We were lucky the farmer let us hunt right through the 3" tall wheat. Few do. We will wait until the next crop of soybeans is out next year and then hit it yet again about the same time.

We are heded back down south on Sunday to a site that produced a 1/4 cut spanish pistareen coin and various buttons last year, looking forward to maybe posting more goodies if we left anything there.

Our area is loaded with towns and settlements from as early as the 1620s but its difficult to reach that era. I have only hunted one site from the 1650s. It was however...AMAZING -that was 10 years ago this past April. Sorry to say sites are drying up fast with all the hunters and the dreaded DEVEOPMENTS.

HH, Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread