What's new

Searching for a civil war creekside camp

deerhuntinghippie

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2015
Messages
290
Reaction score
493
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I'm currently looking for a civil war creekside camp. There were roughly 90,000 soldiers in the area for nearly a day and I'm sniffing along about 3.5 miles of creek for the first sign of their camp.
This is the first "chapter." I uploaded the second yesterday. It may not be interesting to those who only enjoy videos of great finds but I think these videos will serve as a realistic look into water hunting. I'm filming most of the bigger iron pieces, all the modern and older lead, all mystery pieces and even some modern junk.
I'm also going to try to talk about my strategy a bit more. The type of things that catch my eye, the types of creek bottoms I look for and so on.
I'm not sure how many videos there will be before I find the camp but I'm 100% sure that it's there.
What do you think of this approach from a viewer's perspective?

Here's chapter one:
https://youtu.be/L3RTMqKNPFM

Here's chapter two:
https://youtu.be/njnyKPoJVmE

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
Upvote 8
Thanks for sharing the vids Sweet nice finds along the way that's what I call a treasure hunt youll find it wish I could ne doing that too Good luck Keep postin!!!!!!!!
 
Nice, something to review
 
Thanks for sharing the vids Sweet nice finds along the way that's what I call a treasure hunt youll find it wish I could ne doing that too Good luck Keep postin!!!!!!!!
Thanks man. The county I live in definitely saw some civil war soldiers. Unfortunately, many of the prime locations have been snuffed out already. I'm going to continue to go back until it's too cold to get in the water. Once it gets too cold for water hunting I'll go back to my land research.
Thanks for watching and I'm glad you enjoyed.

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
Enjoyed hope you find the site good luck
 
enjoyed both videos. good job putting everything together!!
 
Thanks guys!

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
Good luck on the research, hope it pays off!
 
That's a very interesting approach. Some of my local parks that have small rivers running through them,, have very mucky bottoms. They are off limits to waders for good reason. If I could get permission to hunt them by kayak or small boat rental, I would consider searching them.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom