What's new

seasaoned water hunter AT pro

nscrcr8z

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2011
Messages
346
Reaction score
189
Golden Thread
0
Location
cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello everyone I am mainly a dirt hunting kinda guy but recently sense I have my at pro I have been doing a few local lakes and struck a nice gold pendant a couple weeks ago so guess what.......I have the fever now , I have been going every weekend and every time I go I score something that makes it worth my while sunglasses, fake bling, ect ect
my question is I went and bought me a pretty nice snorkel yesterday , I want to try that. But I have not got the waterproof headsets.....yet
so with the stock cap that covers the headset ..is it still water proof on the AT pro it does have a o ring in it but I've never took it in without the headsets on...thank you for your replies
next question we have a lot of rocky clay bottom lakes here in Alabama I have a nice little sifter I made with noodles on it...floats real good beside me
and I have a $50.00 wire mesh scoop but it is not strong enough to really get down into the clay...any suggestion's on a good scoop preferably nice long handle to give me some more leverage
thanks Again

H.H
:thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
How are you going to hear it without headphones if you have it submerged?
 
It will not be submerge will only be hunting waist deep. ...
While retrieving target or even water splashing
The at laying in water... didn't want to chance it getting wet ...internally
I use my stock headset when I submerge machine ... but I wanna try out the snorkel
 
It says, "Good to ten feet"......time to find out, I guess. If not, they'll repair it. Reminds me of the first bass boat I purchased, was scared to death to scratch it. Finally drove it up onto a gravel beach just to rid myself of the fear. :laughing7: Point is, "waterproof to ten feet".....and so it should be.
 
Thanks !
Any suggestions on a good scoop?
 
"Stealth" is a great one......
 
sending you a PM
 
Ty will look into the t rex and the stealth as well and compare thanks to all
 
Sell the gold pendent and buy the head phones you need.
 
You can wade with the stock head phones and the connector is water proof. Just can't get the head set part wet.
 
Sell the gold pendent and buy the head phones you need.

Head phones ordered from Wanda from
One of the sponsors
Now after scoop
 
For maximum leverage, especially if you need to pry rocks, a straight up 90 degree angle handle works bests.
want a stainless steel tip to cut through hard clay.
If there are shells/gravel open stainless steel basket with close one half inch holes drains best.
If you need to dig close to large rocks a sharp Vish Euro tip on the basket works best.

Recommend Sunspot Stealth Classic 8 stand up water scoop, with 54" wood handle, especially if you search with 10" or larger DD coils.
If you pin point well and want a lighter scoop you may get by with the smaller Stealth Classic 6.5 stand up water scoop.
If you don't like having to bend forward when digging in deep water , install the lift assist facing toward you near the top of the 50'' wooden shaft and it will work like a standard 20 degree angle handle.
I

hello everyone I am mainly a dirt hunting kinda guy but recently sense I have my at pro I have been doing a few local lakes and struck a nice gold pendant a couple weeks ago so guess what.......I have the fever now , I have been going every weekend and every time I go I score something that makes it worth my while sunglasses, fake bling, ect ect
my question is I went and bought me a pretty nice snorkel yesterday , I want to try that. But I have not got the waterproof headsets.....yet
so with the stock cap that covers the headset ..is it still water proof on the AT pro it does have a o ring in it but I've never took it in without the headsets on...thank you for your replies
next question we have a lot of rocky clay bottom lakes here in Alabama I have a nice little sifter I made with noodles on it...floats real good beside me
and I have a $50.00 wire mesh scoop but it is not strong enough to really get down into the clay...any suggestion's on a good scoop preferably nice long handle to give me some more leverage
thanks Again

H.H
:thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
Check out 'sand scoop' HARRASS. It might be your answer.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom