Season 7 - The story goes on...

SSR

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was the date on Zena Halpern's French Map. Oak Island was only one island then. Looks like Frog Island though was two separate islands. They buried treasure there too but it was recovered before the American Revolution.

I have today worked out where they took the Ark of the Covenant of God to but I do not know whether it was recovered and taken to Washington City. I believe that it was recovered. But anyway I have worked out where the Knight's Templar took it to and why.

This is a gag post right? Zena's scribblings are not a map by any stretch of the intellectual world's imagination. You have to go to very remote places of non-academia to find acceptance of her suggestions. I wouldn't use something that was generated to push one narrative to push another. At the very least one should probably respect her creative and imaginative talents while also pointing out she wasn't very good at writing French or blending in timelines.

The ark and the holy grail are both located at a spot that can never be reached by man in the mythical tradition where they originate. They properly reside in a place that is transcendent, in the middle of two fundamental dualities we can ponder at the very core of our being (represented by the inner temple and the 9th internal level of Enoch's chamber). The allegories written about the search for these things are not literal stories. That being said, people have been faking these relics for quite a long time to exploit dullards who have no sense of irony or allegory. The ark is, however, placed symbolically by some in the mythical Enoch's vault where it is located at the foot of the pillars of knowledge. The OI story/allegory does exploit this. The wisdom you seek is not to be found in the proving of literal truths. If you are not deep in the study of allegory with OI you are wasting your time. Haliburton likened it very closely to Bunyan's "Pilgrim's Progress" where the proverbial hero risks getting caught in the mud of the "slough of despond", a stinky swamp, or being swallowed alive in a shaft while mining for treasure at the "hill of lucre". If you want to get to the bottom of OI you will have to find your religion, I'm afraid. That is never about finding relics. The OI story is an allegory too. It has parts that we can recognize from religious stories. Ultimately that's what makes it a Masonic story.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That wooden box they found has to be Restalls work. It is modern as it is using tar paper. He must of been trying to make a waterproof shaft to dig the bottom of that area (That is the only thing I can think of for doing that waterproofed box). As to why he would do it..... He must of been looking for something so maybe the stones are from earlier.

Marty looked so fed up with it all on that video interview...

I find it very difficult to believe the claim the young guy made that the area they are now expecting the money pit to be has not been looked at before. I did not see anyone supporting that claim.

Pretty boring TV nothing new of interest was shown.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fell asleep during this one, but they are doing a good job of playing up "finally, locating the money pit" quest. It does seem to be promising, but I'd also like a factual statement from someone on the show about previous explorations of the new "site marked X" when they zero in on it. Even if previously explored, dropping a can on it might still turn up something interesting.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How are these people getting in contact with the show, for them to weed out who they let on the show to share their theory?

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How are these people getting in contact with the show, for them to weed out who they let on the show to share their theory?
There latest looney was pretty poor. It seems everyone knows where the treasure is buried and is leaving clues directed at oak Island. I don't know how they keep straight faces when listening to such rubbish...

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
There latest looney was pretty poor. It seems everyone knows where the treasure is buried and is leaving clues directed at oak Island. I don't know how they keep straight faces when listening to such rubbish...
Very true, and he didn’t even read the pentagram correctly, anything being protected would be placed in the center, not on one of the cruxes.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
FYI: The latest 'looney', Corjan Mol, is easier found under the name he used ,Corjan de Raaf (Corjan the Raven).He is a desperado from the Rennes let Chateau mystery community over ten years back.The diagram image he used was lifted from Henry Lincoln's website, in fact the idea was also just a rerun of Lincoln's 'plot a pentacle on Rennes le Chateau.The whole thing got nowhere for Rennes le Chateau so it was worth rehashing it on the show as the chances or anyone recognising him or the pentacle idea was worth the risk..Didn't work though, did it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Assuming that water proofed box was Restall leftovers it really makes you appreciate the efforts he put into looking for this treasure.

He must of followed out the old slipway but did not have the millions to build a metal coffer dam so he used a similar method to what they are talking about doing in the swamp. Drop a waterproof box on the ocean floor and pump it dry so you can investigate the bottom.

Maybe he found those stone(or something else) that made him want to investigate. What an effort.....

He did so much just by himself without even electricity.. All on the 'hope' he would find treasure.

Amazing man...

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
FYI: The latest 'looney', Corjan Mol, is easier found under the name he used ,Corjan de Raaf (Corjan the Raven).He is a desperado from the Rennes let Chateau mystery community over ten years back.The diagram image he used was lifted from Henry Lincoln's website, in fact the idea was also just a rerun of Lincoln's 'plot a pentacle on Rennes le Chateau.The whole thing got nowhere for Rennes le Chateau so it was worth rehashing it on the show as the chances or anyone recognising him or the pentacle idea was worth the risk..Didn't work though, did it?
At least on tonights episode, they finally found someone who understands the meaning of the pentagram and how it was used.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least on tonights episode, they finally found someone who understands the meaning of the pentagram and how it was used.

I was also pleased to see the correct pentagram usage! The swamp core analysis was interesting, but much like the rest of the finds - "it's weird, but what did it mean?".

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was also pleased to see the correct pentagram usage! The swamp core analysis was interesting, but much like the rest of the finds - "it's weird, but what did it mean?".
I think everything they are finding is pretty consistent with J.Steeles Naval Stores explanation.

That new structure in Smiths Cove looks like the remnants of a pier. This would be consistent with a organized Naval Stores operation taking place. Big ships would had to load and unload from the pier (It is not consistent with burying a treasure. Building and leaving a pier is not a way to hide where a treasure is buried).

The swamp data (17/1800s) is also consistent with when the naval stores operation is theorized to have taken place. The swamp could be the remains of an attempt to develop a freshwater dam to service the operations. Thus their could of been digging to make it deeper etc.

The earlier date (12/1300s) of when they are estimating that the swamp first appeared does not support it was created by humans. It could simply have (most likely) been when a swampish area first formed naturally on OI.

The thing I found most interesting on this episode was when there local historian Doug pointed out that the guys digging shaft 2 only got within 2 foot of the 'money pit' before they were flooded. To me this also supports J.Steeles explanation of the water at 90 foot (and these guys shaft at 100ish feet) of an earthquake causing one of those large underground caverns to cave in and soil liquidification to occur resulting in sea water filling the void up to 90ish feet. This would have a hole filled with sea water that the guys digging the money pit broke into and the guys digging shaft 2 broke into (as it was at least 10 to 15 foot deeper and at least 2 feet away from where they estimated the pit to be). To be a flood tunnel it would of had to have been massive and therefore should of been easy to find with everyone looking. If the water was coming up from underneath this would explain why a flood tunnel was never found.

Nothing they are showing supports any of the looney theories they keep coming up with and nothing supports treasure being buried there.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before the show, they had a pretty good 'drilling down' recap of the various searcher teams - it was interesting to see the whole story of the Fred Nolan-Dan Blankenship land conflict in one show. I can see why they were at each other's throats with the buyout conflict and land ownership ambiguity. I'm glad the current generation is working together.

So tonight's find went over like a lead balloon, not silver or "Poot-er". The laser ablation pointed towards Europe, but I wonder why they didn't just use the same German analysis lab they used last time.

The pontoon bog digger is pretty cool - I wish they showed more of the footage as it was assembled.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight on the show Gary found a tiny piece of lead from Spain or from somewhere around that area maybe Italy.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a waste of TV time (I watch the stream version and skip through repetitive talking ) They found some more lead... That was the whole episode really.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose the good thing that they are slowly leading up to (EVER so slowly) is that is does appear they will be able to definitively (well pretty definitively) be able to identify where the original pit was. Not that I believe this will help them find treasure but it is a fitting end chapter to the story.... The actual pit will be able to be marked and visited. I am looking forward to when they show us a decent representation of all the holes they have dug (and everyone else has dug) and where the pit actually is. The logic of why they think they are on the right track now seems sound.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight's finds were more of the same: wood, wood and cribbing spikes. But it depicts the realism of the search - and the challenge of dealing with nature's eye of the storm.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I have not watched many of the episodes, but can't help wonder about why someone would bury a layer of logs every 10 feet, but would also fill in voids as they went as well.
There is only one thing that makes sense to me. . . why someone would want to go to such extreme measures to could only mean one thing.
It must be the mask of Loki :laughing7:
Seriously though, the whole money pit is curious. I guess if you didn't have anything better to spend money on, then why not explore history.
It would be interesting to know the REAL original why on the 90' + hole, imo. If we ever do find out, we'll probably shake our heads. :sadsmiley:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread