SEASON 8

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
How is that. You either only think it or you know it and can provide proof...

If your not willing to admit that you only THINK, the cross is FAKE and or PLANTED then does that mean your saying you know for a FACT that the cross is fake, which I'm guessing means you think that either the Laginas one of the crew, or someone from the TV Show made the cross and planted it as well??? Which is it??
n2mini, my friend, as usual, in your haste to harass, you don't seem to realize that I never posted that the alleged cross was FAKE or PLANTED.
That, my fried is another of your several misquoted distortions of what was actually posted ;ole what you claim I stated about Franklin, and at which you excel with your constant antagonistic bickering.
Once again you have embarrassed yourself on these threads with this nonsense.

Last edited:

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of curiosity I backed into the "Geochemist" who analyzed the lead to date the cross.

Tobias Skowronek - https://ruhr-uni-bochum.academia.edu/TobiasSkowronek

He is listed as a student at Ruhr University in 2018.

I wouldn't think a professional opinion was out of order for confirmation.

As a PHD candidate and a professional doing research work for the German Mining Museum, he would be as qualified as anyone else in the world to match the laser ablation results of the Templar cross to nearest database hits. As a 'student', he is quite a bit more than just a middle schooler in a white jacket.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a PHD candidate and a professional doing research work for the German Mining Museum, he would be as qualified as anyone else in the world to match the laser ablation results of the Templar cross to nearest database hits. As a 'student', he is quite a bit more than just a middle schooler in a white jacket.

Already proven it was not a templar cross. The laginas made a reproduction of a carving (according to the show carved by templar teeth) of a man from a wall in the castle they visited on one episode....already detailed above. Crosses don’t have two legs....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
461595EB-74C4-4AF3-A9B4-F6907BACC42B.jpeg
19ECD0EE-0490-46FC-984F-C047ACD5B12B.jpeg

The fake planted lead object.....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beside everything else said...

The lead in the cross was from exactly the same place as the lead in the furniture found (I think was Smiths old House grounds). It was quite a big piece of lead (seem to remember they speculated it may of been from stained glass in a cabinet or something). Their testing showed the lead was from exactly the same origin as the cross.

So how could this be.... That the Templers brought furniture across from France when they buried the treasure and left it lying about? This was then picked up by Smith family and used as no one before that noticed the Templar furniture left there.

The idea that a piece of lead this shape was washed up hill over rocky ground under water from a storm to be deposited close to the shore on the top of soil is just ridiculous. Lead weights shaped like a cross do not roll up hill over stony ground under water.

The dirt it come from MUST of been deposited after the structures were built. Where could of this cross come from that was 800+ years old.

I am just STUNNED that some people are still happy to believe the Laginas obvious untruths about this find.

I am certain that no one in the production or crew of the show believes it.

HOW can the above things be all true and the lead be from a Templar. There is NO WAY to offer even a remotely plausible scenario that can fit the known facts to have this as anything else then what it appears to be. A piece of lead from the same place as other lead found on the island. Probably used by a local as a fisherman. It does not even look like a piece of jewelry. The hole just looks like someone hammered a nail through it.

These is not a single record of the Templar ever wearing jewelry like this. These were meant to be the same people depositing the looted riches of Northern Africa and the Middle East on Oak island.

This once again shows that people are quite happy to believe any fantasy as it is more interesting than the truth...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has NEVER been conclusively established that the lead object was actually a "Templar cross".

and I never said it was. Only that it looks alot like the one in the prison that used to house Templers. That isn't part of my concern. You just don't get it still...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just because the metals are of the exact same origin by no way means the cross was from a piece of the furniture metal melted down while on OI. Is it possible yes. Think about it though. Do you really think regardless of who came over from the area of where the metal is from. Do you really think they sailed all the way over here without bringing supplies that would have had hasps, hinges, locks, barrel rings, etc on it.... Heck maybe the blacksmith traveled with them and made all of it before their journey. Who knows..

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Already proven it was not a templar cross. The laginas made a reproduction of a carving (according to the show carved by templar teeth) of a man from a wall in the castle they visited on one episode....already detailed above. Crosses don’t have two legs....

and how do you know the laginas made a reproduction of it. Are you saying they made the one they found? I think it is ironic that back when this was first found I don't think anyone on here mentioned it having 2 legs. Someone mentioned recently and others jumped on board with it 100%. Could the carving be trying to show legs. Yes it is possible, not a very good depiction of them but hey it was supposedly carved with teeth so can only expect so much...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gazzahk, I'm not trying to say the cross/Jesus on the cross/ fishing weight or whatever anyone thinks it is, is a Templer anything. Heck one of the original 3 might have made it doesn't at to me... I'm just trying to get "some" on here to speak in facts. Do we know for a fact the Laginas made it, NO. Do we know for a FACT it was planted by them, NO... Is it possible, YES...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
n2mini, my friend, as usual, in your haste to harass, you don't seem to realize that I never posted that the alleged cross was FAKE or PLANTED.
That, my fried is another of your several misquoted distortions of what was actually posted ;ole what you claim I stated about Franklin, and at which you excel with your constant antagonistic bickering.
Once again you have embarrassed yourself on these threads with this nonsense.

if you don't believe as I'm portraying you to believe then why to do bother to be in this conversation. Now is your chance to tell us where you stand on it. The floor is yours have at it...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Half a page of comments from user on ignore list that I don't have to see.

Its great that one can choose not to be bothered by irrelevant content not containing factual comments pertaining to the actual topic.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Just that you or no one on here knows for sure that it is fake and was planted..
Might be what you THINK but you don't know that for a FACT.
Just admit that and this ends...
Once again, my friend n2mini, I never posted that it was FAKE or PLANTED, you apparently have me confused with another poster.
Either you are deliberating misquoting me to start an argument or have very poor reading comprehension skills.
Which is it? As stated by you, "Just admit that and this ends".
Your childness insistence of "just admit this and this ends" is highly reminiscent of those villains in old black & white movies when they say," Ve haf our vays of making you talk".

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured as much from you. I may have your thoughts wrong on the cross since your very vague on your position but, given the opportunity to explain your position on it all you don't take it. If you don't believe as I think you do then why have you been arguing with me on it.. Better yet. Don't bother answering as you won't really answer the question but ask me more questions... Good day....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With not a single post in the, "Oak Island Factual (proven/documented) Information" thread containing evidence of treasure on hoax island, its safe to say that this thread is irrelevant as it does nothing but provide free advertising for the laginas brothers in continuing their promotion of the hoax along with their fanboys.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beside everything else said...

The lead in the cross was from exactly the same place as the lead in the furniture found (I think was Smiths old House grounds). It was quite a big piece of lead (seem to remember they speculated it may of been from stained glass in a cabinet or something). Their testing showed the lead was from exactly the same origin as the cross.

So how could this be.... That the Templers brought furniture across from France when they buried the treasure and left it lying about? This was then picked up by Smith family and used as no one before that noticed the Templar furniture left there.

Simple answer might be because they came from the same source IN NOVA SCOTIA.

I wonder if the German test lab started with Canadian or other North American mines. Or did he start in Germany/France and stop at the first near match for the results from the New Brunswick University test? Again - bias.

Here's a list of 38 lead (Galena) mines in just Nova Scotia! Two just below Luneburg and within 10 miles of Oak Island.

https://www.mindat.org/locentries.php?p=14347&m=1641

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Is that what your saying happened? gazzahk ECS, Singlestack...
You do seem to have an obsession with the three of us, n2mini, my friend, asking the same boring questions over and over again expecting different results, while misquoting , misrepresenting and distorting that which was actually posted.
You claim we never answer your relentless badgering, as you ignore the question posted in POST#954 whether your changing the meaning of our posts is deliberate or just a matter of your poor comprehension skills.
Either way, you are like that coyote in the roadrunner cartoons- no matter what he plans or tries always goes astray and fails.
BEEP! BEEP! "NUFF SAID!

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
According to this logic, if Billy Gerhardt's truckload of silver stash is ever raised, it would be assumed to be fake. Period.

Until such time as there is definitive PROOF that it exists...yes.

Raising such a "truckload" would be PROOF. Until that time (or other definitive proof is found), it can at most be considered questionable, and unreliable.

Last edited:

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Raising such a "truckload" would be PROOF.

It would only be proof that the truckload of objects exist. Who's to say that the Laginas wouldn't have created gold and silver chalices, a gold something resembling our idea of the Ark of the covenant, as well as an assortment of jewels and buried them, just so that they could be 'discovered' and save face?

Without the associated paperwork trail documenting the origin and chain of custody tracing how it arrived on the island, it would be fake.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread