Season Two - Nov. 4, 2014 9:00 pm

Dr. Meh

Oct 15, 2013
To Dr Meth
I am under contract and can not talk about the price or cost of a TV show, Each TV show has its own expence account . We are up for our own TV series and a first year show like Oak Island does not get enough to pay all the bills. Even a second year or third year show is the same , because the contract locks in the price for 3 years. If the show hits it big like some on TV and the contract ends. Then they can jack up the amount to keep it running. You should know this if your friends are in the TV business.

You evaded my question presumably because commonsense shows I'm right.

Dr. Meh

Oct 15, 2013
First off the word ignorant has more then one meaning,
and even though it is obvious which one you meant, in the future
I suggest you use something less abusive sounding.

this Is My opinion, and has been my opinion for years.

I do not sit back when I see someone use the word ignorant when speaking of a forum member.

secondly it is against forum rules to suggest someones educational level is below yours unless
They start a thread to claim their education is lacking and ask for your opinion.

Just an FYI for future posting here

I will continue to point out ignorance when I see it and I expect people to point out my ignorance as well. Just because some are offended by using a perfectly ordinary word doesn't mean I'll stop using it in a proper context. Incidentally, where did I say anything about my education or anyone elses?

Out of curiosity, why am I getting taken to task over non-insulting posts? Why am I encouraged to have discussion but if I disagree, I'm told to knock it off? Why are we encouraged to have skepticism but when inquiring about someone's alleged claims, I get told I'm "disrespectful?" The moderation on this forum is very odd and unbalanced. Members the mods know and like are given leniency while all others better not disagree or question them. I had a post on another thread deleted after someone started calling conservatives morons and idiots. When I said something in return, my post is deleted while his remains. This place is getting really old really fast.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You evaded my question presumably because commonsense shows I'm right.

I think he was more than open with his direction in his activities in the forum, and his intentions in the field as a professional.

The line of questioning that you are leveraging your argument over, is a moot point. Your demands for the closure of your argument are only to see that you have been proven correct about an infinitesimally minute fact that you seem to be hooked on.

He is not affiliated with the show mentioned in the OP....IE Season 2....dont know why you seem to ignore this fact....lol...(the right use of the word here IMO)

he has his own gig, sources, evidence, contracts, permits, and helpful watchers looking out for new insights, so any attribution to this post as an example to be compared against, will probably just be well....

..................Ignored

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr Meth.....LOL

I know that was really a chubby finger typo, dont worry Finder's....I wasnt snitching on you guys....

it just is so funny how the keyboard can produce so many different spellings on accident......

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here in Lunenburg County it's pronounced "ignint" and has only one meaning.

"Ignorance" means a lack of knowledge, education or information. That's easy to fix.

Stupidity is a lack of intellegence or the capacity to reason. And, as Ron White says: "You can't fix stupid."

Dr+Franklin.png

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will continue to point out ignorance when I see it and I expect people to point out my ignorance as well. Just because some are offended by using a perfectly ordinary word doesn't mean I'll stop using it in a proper context. Incidentally, where did I say anything about my education or anyone elses?

Out of curiosity, why am I getting taken to task over non-insulting posts? Why am I encouraged to have discussion but if I disagree, I'm told to knock it off? Why are we encouraged to have skepticism but when inquiring about someone's alleged claims, I get told I'm "disrespectful?" The moderation on this forum is very odd and unbalanced. Members the mods know and like are given leniency while all others better not disagree or question them. I had a post on another thread deleted after someone started calling conservatives morons and idiots. When I said something in return, my post is deleted while his remains. This place is getting really old really fast.

well I asked respectfully , but if you continue to use the word ignorant we will go a short round.
and as a moderator I assure you I will win. :unhappysmiley:
(my delete post button works fine)

[ a public figure not connected to this forum, a general group of people, conservatives, liberals, tv news people, police , etc can be ignorant, morons or idiots ]

when speaking directly to or about a treasure net member,
they can only be right , wrong, or misinformed,
but never called ignorant or uneducated in any way, if I see it.

as for the rest of this post, I am not aware of what you speak.

You agreed to this when you came here & signed up
reminder: http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules

DEFAMATION
The purpose of this website is for the friendly exchange of information about metal detecting and treasure hunting. TreasureNet may not be used as a springboard to launch personal attacks of any kind. Use of words such idiot, moron, ******ed, lunatic, ignorant, and other defaming names or language may not be used here when naming or indicating individuals.

Example: There are a lot of idiots in this world might be acceptable. You Mr. John Smiiiith are an idiot, would not be acceptable and may be grounds for an instant and permanent ban. Please understand and respect our need to limit our liabilities, and to maintain a friendly atmosphere.

FORUM GUIDELINES

All members are equal, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, education, or experience. Never take a superior tone with, or "talk down" to, anyone.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO... who didn't love the look on Dan Blankenship's face when he investigated the core sample?

seriously though, that's another thing.
sometimes I wonder if they are just trying to keep him happy like they think
he isn't going to be around much longer

Last edited:

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you noticed the coaching they had to do in the beginning of that scene I think it's a possibility. I'm pretty certain he has some cognitive issues. But heck he's 91? You can see some signs in other scenes too but I believe the "show" attempts to keep it to a minimum for "personal reasons".

Losing too many too young people around me the last few years has only highlighted that you never know when your last day is. Fortunately they were living the life they wanted and not waiting for the time when they could, only to never reach it.

But those looks on his face with the maravedi coin and the drill plug says it all!

That look of excitement, that glitter in the eyes, that beaming smile, the enthusiasm of what's next, at 91 or 9 treasure and the thrill of the hunt can capture your heart and change your life!

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As terrible as it is to think about, has anyone else considered that Dan passing from old age would complete the curse?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As terrible as it is to think about, has anyone else considered that Dan passing from old age would complete the curse?

yep then there is the "game Changer" they up the Number that must Die :laughing7:

in the year 2153 they will announce 5,678,221 must die.
then the treasure will reveal itself :tongue3:

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We may laugh at the idea of a curse, but we shouldn't underestimate the powers of suggestion and the human mind. This reminds me of a saying, "Anything that exists only imagined itself into existence."

I'm sure the Laginas have considered the fact that Dan could be the seventh.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope Dan stays around long enough to see the end result of the current work on the Money Pit!

Yep New Gold and that's why the Keys are kept from mortal man....

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure the Laginas have considered the fact that Dan could be the seventh.

They didn't seem to be pushing him, the cognitive issues were more of the speed at which elders make decisions, more like the way my family talks to my grand pappy, a little deaf, and has some injuries, but he's not anyone they had to convince, he's held out the longest!!!

he's got more marbles in this game than us, and he owns the Breaker....!!

he's not the person holding the purse of the operation, just the guy who waited for these guys to come along, and help out, just a fact of the time spent there is commitment enough.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Not to be cold, but a curse that kills you by natural old age is pretty lame.

Tratt

May 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the Laginas possibly found something deep in the ground in the last episode which might change the currently presented views of some treasurenet people in some way, I would suggest people consider the meaning of that find specifically, and cross-reference, in this thread. In next episode will likely be revealed more about that find.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no doubt they found something

but if they keep digging core samples, what will that accomplish? Nothing but perforating the concrete and watertight seals on the cache........if it hasnt already been flooded from previous core samples taken in the past

this is something that you cannot overlook.....

my belief is that if found anything of man made origin, they should immediately encase the area in a 40' caisson and begin in a sequential removal of layers down to the trove.

if anything it will be as epic, if not more epic.......

than when Geraldo Rivera tried to open the Vault of Al Capone........

They had the whole world on live tv.....waiting, so exited to see an empty vault opened:laughing9:......

this single show, was the biggest upset, and the first Mainstream Treasure Hunt broadcasted as well.........

it has been no more exciting watching the Oak Island Mystery, than the day we all saw the biggest facepalm, until the famed busted nose episode he filmed afterwards....

Just an example of how "in-depth research" looks on TV

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the Laginas possibly found something deep in the ground in the last episode which might change the currently presented views of some treasurenet people in some way, I would suggest people consider the meaning of that find specifically, and cross-reference, in this thread. In next episode will likely be revealed more about that find.

may have change views of some, However there were "stories" of gold on the Drill bit Many years ago.
and that seems to have been ferry tales considering the size of the drill these guys had to bring in vs. what drill did they used how many years ago ? hand drill ?
I'm sorry. I need to see Treasure in hand or at least before my eyes.
I don't think they will reach that depth with anything but drill bits,
and spy cameras in Murky water ever.

I fear Within the next 2 years the "oak Island Preservation Society" Will have Sucessfully
stopped all exploration,
in order to protect the Mystery and Fantastical tales from ever being disproven

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions