Seasons first hunt - Silver, gold, and Ice

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello to all and happy spring finally.
I got out for two hunts on Sunday, two different schoolyards.
2.5 hours in the morning and the ground was pretty frozen still (ice) down after three inches or so. It was tough digging but it was great to be out. I didn't find a ton of stuff but did manage a 14kt diamond solitare stud earring (more ice) in the woodchips near the swings. It's about 2.5mm across, about 1/3 ct I guess. Woohoo, what a start to the season. I also found a Canadian $1 looney and a $1.00 bill laying in the woodchips under the play stucture.
In the late afternoon, I went to a different school close to me that always produces and it did again. 2 hours of hunting and a ton of coins. Searched only in the grassy open play areas. My only keeper there was a nice sterling 925 cross. I hit a nice vane of quarters which really boosted the clad total for the day. 143 coins total for the day and $12.81 counting the $1 bill. I also found a small assortment of junk jewelry including a pretty genstone ring. It was great to finally get out!!
Thanks for reading. Happy hunting to you all. Here's some pics of the days finds.

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• March 18th.jpg
    March 18th.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 822
  • March 18th 2.jpg
    March 18th 2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 824
  • Keepers.jpg
    Keepers.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 812
Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Hey B'Doo. It is great to get back out. Today it's suppose to get to 50 here. Gonna do a quick after work hunt with Dan.

You scored with the clad and a diamond. :) How do you verify it's a diamond. If I found one I doubt I would know the difference other than it might "look" nicer.

Bob

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pile from the freezer :o Love the cross :o
If Michigan is starting to thaw theres hope for me in 2 or 3 weeks up here in Wiarton.
Happy hunting to all the sunny south ;D

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Very nice seasonal start and I'm glad to see you post again.

HH

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
lucky1777 said:
Congratulations on some nice finds. Alway enjoy seeing your posts.

Thanks Lucky!! It's great to be back swinging and getting back in touch here at TNet!!

Smiles!
BDoo

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
see you in the funny papers 8)

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Ridley said:
That's what I'm talkin' about! Whooooo!

You had a GREAT day!

Glad to see someone else who isn't afraid to get dirty digging clad! H-ll. I paid for my DFX and headphones with the stuff!

Congratulations! ;)

Hi Ridley! I don't mind a pouchful of change and a couple keepers. In the schoolyards and woodchips, I use an old Garrett machine so I dig everything. Last year I managed over $320 in clad. Thanks for the read and comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

Ridley

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Mirage said:
Hey B'Doo. It is great to get back out. Today it's suppose to get to 50 here. Gonna do a quick after work hunt with Dan.

You scored with the clad and a diamond. :) How do you verify it's a diamond. If I found one I doubt I would know the difference other than it might "look" nicer.

Bob

Hiya buddy!! Well, it's in a 14kt gold hallmarked earring with two sets of maker marks, but I guess theres a chance it is not a diamond. It looks like one though, very brilliant. I need to get a diamond tester this season I think. I am shopping around for one now. If anyone has a recommendation, I would appreciate it.

Thanks Bob!!!
See ya 'round, here and there. HH!!
Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
dr-quest said:
Nice pile from the freezer :o Love the cross :o
If Michigan is starting to thaw theres hope for me in 2 or 3 weeks up here in Wiarton.
Happy hunting to all the sunny south ;D

Hey! I hope it thaws out for you soon. It's supposed to be in the high 50's here this weekend, can't wait. Thanks for the friendly comment Dr

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Ant said:
Very nice seasonal start and I'm glad to see you post again.

HH

Thanks Ant. Great to be back in the saddle again!!
It's just cool to be out there, no matter what is dug.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
minelab rick said:
WTG, Great first hunt. How are the legs today.? That many up and downs after being off a while would kill me for a couple of days.

Hi Rick

I hear you. The MDing muscles are not in shape, that's for sure, but doing two shorter hunts instead of one long one helped. My hands and wrists were sore mostly from chopping through the frozen layer of ground. In the end, it was worth it for sure. Thanks for reading and commenting.

Smiles!
BDoo

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet find's BDoo...Glad you're back in the swing of thing's.Aint it great to dig again!!...HH!! and best of luck.

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
Boobydoo said:
Mirage said:

Bob
Hiya buddy!! Well, it's in a 14kt gold hallmarked earring with two sets of maker marks, but I guess theres a chance it is not a diamond. It looks like one though, very brilliant. I need to get a diamond tester this season I think. I am shopping around for one now. If anyone has a recommendation, I would appreciate it.

BDoo

Firstly, that Canadian dollar, (looks like a 1997), might and I stress "might" be one of two variations that are worth more than the common "loonie".
One is from sets:
MS-65 PF-65
$3.25 $13.00
The other has a mint mark of "FL":
MS-65 PF-65
$16.25 $65.00
I'm no coin expert and its hard to even make out the date in that picture, so I could even have that wrong.

Secondly, regarding your looking for a diamond tester, theres a good link in my post here:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,76322.0.html

The place is called wholesale scales and theres another link there to an online encyclopidia of hallmarks, etc.....

Lots of good links in that post for people who find gold rings and other jewelry but don't know what they have.

F.

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Digginman said:
Fine digs, BoobyDoo. You never cease to amaze me.

I hope to get out this weekend. Just maybe.

DM

Thanks Dig!! I definitely look forward to seeing you visit me. Smiles!!!
Best of luck out there my friend!

BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
civilman1 said:
Sweet find's BDoo...Glad you're back in the swing of thing's.Aint it great to dig again!!...HH!! and best of luck.

Oh yeah Civil!!! It's great to get out finally.
I am going to get to know my Ace250 a little better this year
and get out of the chips with my old trusty Garrett...(hopefully...lol)
It's hard to quit it when I bring home these easy dug keepers.
Take care, thanks!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread