What's new

Seated Dime Love Token?

jrmazzeo

Full Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2012
Messages
106
Reaction score
307
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Mass
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
5 silver dime day at a turn of the century ball field. One of the finds was this 1883 seated dime that has some initials on the back. I have heard these referred to as love tokens?
 

Attachments

  • seated love token front.webp
    seated love token front.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 143
  • seated token back.webp
    seated token back.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 46
Congrats on the great find- I don't know if that was the year for those or what, but I found an 1883 Seated dime made into a love token also in SE Mass. Very nice find!

-- Jeff --
 
fantastic love token. whoever made it was very skilled with their engraving tools
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom