Seated Hill Trap ... update

winslow

Oct 30, 2004
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Still finding interesting things on what I've nicknamed "seated hill". A 9 foot chain with some interesting links. Small animal trap with the words "Kriket No. 1" on it. A steel animal cut out that I initially thought was a piece of a rusty can. Chinese coin, part of a token and other assorted stuff. Add another seated coin that I found today. An 1856 S quarter that unfortunately has been drilled. It still counts in my book and that brings me up to 15 seated coins at this spot. I included a picture of all the coins (8 were out of one hole) to date not including the one from today. Don't they look pretty ? ;D

Attachments

• seated chain 9 ft.jpg
    seated chain 9 ft.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 737
  • seat trap.jpg
    seat trap.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 751
  • seated area.jpg
    seated area.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 735
  • seated qtr 1856.jpg
    seated qtr 1856.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 748
  • seated qtr 1856 rev.jpg
    seated qtr 1856 rev.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 745
  • seated totals march 09.jpg
    seated totals march 09.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 743
Upvote 0
Well, it looks like you in the right spot............ :thumbsup:

Very cool finds and love the silver........... :headbang:

Go back and find more to show us... :thumbsup:

hi winslow,

nice finds. i once found a spanish silver hill. no coins other than 26 spanish silvers. go get more now. :thumbsup:

henry

Keep at it! There is more there.. Congrats Hogge :thumbsup:

PA said:
hi winslow,

nice finds. i once found a spanish silver hill. no coins other than 26 spanish silvers. go get more now. :thumbsup:

henry

Henry,
This is relevant to my interests. I would love to see the 26 Spanish silvers!!

Winslow, that is a beautiful photo! After 7 years I finally found my first Seated coin this past weekend. The "S" mint mark is a rare find for a 19th century coin found here in New Jersey!

Go back and find some more!!

Neil

congrats! always amazes me whats in the dirt just waiting to be found! keep it up and best of luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That is definitely an impressive group of coins taken from your site. I think that there isn't one person here that wouldn't like their own private hill like that. I know I would.
Keep on pulling them out.............
Congrats on all your finds!

John

Nice digs.. That chain looks like it is from an old cistern pump. the strange links had rubber on them the same size as the pipe it was pulled through. The chain ran in a big circle and pulled the water up. You have some great finds from that hill.
JDD

You sure are finding some nice stuff there. You sure have found some nice seated coins there......Matt

Awesome coins. congrats. The trap is called an underspring or jump trap. No. 1 would be for muskrats, mink or weasel.

John Deere Digger said:
Nice digs.. That chain looks like it is from an old cistern pump. the strange links had rubber on them the same size as the pipe it was pulled through. The chain ran in a big circle and pulled the water up. You have some great finds from that hill.
JDD
You beat me to it JD You got it.

Les

i need to come where you are. I have found over 30 large coppers. Gold rings, and a 1/2 reale and have yet to find anything seated. its my achillis heel.
One day i will.

congrats on all the seated. IM so jealus trust me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back