Seated Liberty Half

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
Hunting an old neighborhood here in San Antonio I found an 1858 Seated Liberty Half Dollar. I also found a 1939 quarter, 36 cal round ball, and a 44 S&W case. My hunting partner Don found at the same site: 1894 Indian Head, 1920 San Antonio Transit Token, Gaming Token, a small lead toy car, and one more token that is so far not identified. All in all I think we had a good day there.

HH all
Rich

Attachments

• finds003.jpg
    finds003.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 40
  • shell casing.jpg
    shell casing.jpg
    783.8 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 1
OP
OP
Rich in Texas

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
My digital camera sucks. I am working on either getting another one or maybe a scanner for posting pics here. I will post some finds once I get set up.

HH
Rich

Doug-Iowa

Mar 31, 2003
Ottumwa, Iowa USA
Sounds like an awesome site to hunt to me. Go ahead and take pics with old camera. Would be great to see them. By the way I am in the same boat with my camera. Was great in its day and still is at scenery shots. Just doesn't do so well in Macro.

Doug-Iowa
DJs Detectors

TonyTX(MXT)

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2003
TX
Way to go Rich! I'm just up the road in Austin. Hope I find something like that,g. Can't wait to see the pic, HH Tony

KngFhearts

Apr 1, 2005
CA
Sounds like a pretty nice day. Say, I have family in LaCoste and Hondo, every heard of those towns? I'll have to take my detector next time I visit.

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Rich,
Congratulations to both you and your hunting partner. You all had a great day, I would say. I'm just north of Houston and look forward to your pictures.
BRD

F

Floater

UGHHH folk how the Hec did this post get moved from 2003 to now.??? Did anyone look at the original post date before posting. wierd???? Hellooo Omni where di you dig this up. LOL But hey Rich . Really nice find. Sorry im so late. LOL :D :D

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Floater said:
UGHHH folk how the Hec did this post get? moved from 2003 to now.??? Did anyone look at the original post date before posting.? wierd????? Hellooo Omni where di you dig this up. LOL But hey Rich . Really nice find. Sorry im so late. LOL :D :D
Congrats Floater! I wondered if anyone would notice that this was almost 2 years old! LOL ;D

OP
OP
Rich in Texas

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Hey guys! I was stunned to see this back as a current post! We were only able to hunt the site a couple of times before the bulldozers came in and took all of the dirt out. I asked the contruction foreman where it was hauled to and he wouldn't say. I even offered him $100! The place was awesome, and the dirt had to be full of goodies. Here is a pic of the half.

Rich

Attachments

• 1858+Half.jpg
    1858+Half.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 240
E

Enloe Relics

Big AND RICH LOL! I found one of those in a ghost town out west it was a 1857 good work nice find! i hope you find more Good Luck HH! Harvey!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread