What's new

Seated, shielded, Eagles, and... Prussian?

Dr.Tones

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2013
Messages
479
Reaction score
1,300
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the farm that we've had such great success on last year has managed to produce once again. It's pretty amazing what a simple disking can do!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    744.6 KB · Views: 181
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    235.1 KB · Views: 170
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    87.5 KB · Views: 161
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    918.1 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 36
Awesome coinage and buttons!
 
Very well done sir! Congrats.
 
Wow! Awesome hunt! Congratz!
 
Nice shield nickel Brandon, a few days ago I found a '68. Also the 1850's silver helps put a nice solid date on your site. Nice work man

Steve
 
You do very well with the silver on your hunts...congrats on another haul
 
Your Silbergroschen travelled quite some miles! Minted in Berlin (A) Yours is in better shape than most. It's not that much silver in them and they deteriorate fast. Some i have are almost pure copper. :icon_thumleft:
 
Yeah, I was wondering how much silver they actually had. Initially I thought it was a copper coin but then I noticed it had that patina like it was part silver. Kinda like how war nickels look sometimes.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I was wondering how much silver they actually had. Initially I thought it was a copper coin but then J noticed it had that patina like it was part solve. Kinda like how war nickels look sometimes.

Silbergroschen were introduced 30. September 1821, first series minted 1821-1856, Weight 2,192 g, silver content 222,22‰, standard 0,487 g. :occasion14:
 
Great harvest from an old field. Good work, Dr. T.
 
Good looking stuff, love the seated! The silbergroschen is interesting. It's always cool to find old foreign coins.
 
Nice finds Dr. Tones. Your right about the disking. When the farmers get in there & do that, its like we can start hunting the field all over again.
 
Really nice finds there as always!!

-- Jeff --
 
Nice coin and button recoveries. The old pottery is a nice addition. Congratualtions! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom