Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a happy man !!! I went hunting with my Friend Ryan early this morning , 6:30 am . We hunted two schools and one old park . The park is one that I have been wanting to hunt for some time now . It's a about a 30 - 40 minute drive so this is why I have not got around to hunting it . I know that doesn't sound far but I have many closer places to hunt . I'm glad I finally got to it . We hunted a school first and I found 14K gold ! It was a eyeball find . We were walking from one field to the next and I was looking down and saw the glint of gold in the grass . It is a nice 14k bracelet that weighs 3 grams . After hunting for an hour or so we moved on to the old park . The back part looks like it had a house at one time , lots of large trees , no grass . I got a mixed target at 5-6 inches . It had a high tone and a low tone , +74 and +30 . As I was digging I saw a older pull tab ring pops out , that was the low tone . I put my probe down in the hole and had a strong +77 , +78 . I dug about two more inches and out pops silver ! I could not believe it , my 4 ever Seated coin ! It's a very worn 1877 CC dime ! It's my first ever CC coin . We hunted a little longer and then Ryan went home and I moved on to the next school . I found a real junky ring and some more clad .
After 3 plus hours I went home , SWEET HUNT ! :headbang:
Total clad was $11.79 .
HH
Glen

Attachments

• IMG_5468.JPG
    IMG_5468.JPG
    501.1 KB · Views: 667
  • IMG_5469.JPG
    IMG_5469.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 665
  • P8050004.JPG
    P8050004.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 672
  • P8050006.JPG
    P8050006.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 666
  • P8050007.JPG
    P8050007.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 661
Upvote 0

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds. you've had a great year for sure :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Nice Seated, bracelet and clad count, :icon_thumright: !

TommNJ

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:headbang:
DUDE!
That's a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS - A DAY TO REMBER!!!!!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like you can do no wrong these days when it comes to detecting Glen! :thumbsup:

When you don't find gold with your detector, you trip over it on the way to find more rings! :laughing7:

Congrats on the your Seated Dime too, it'll take you a while to top that one! :notworthy:

Dave

PS. Tell Carson he'll never make any good finds while he's sleeping! :D

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
Man, I think you guys oughta comb that old homestead area over good. :laughing9: :thumbsup: :coffee2:

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats my man :hello2: Welcome to the 'seated club' :notworthy: After (4) long years of hunting, I scored my first seated a few months ago - and it too was a 1877 CC dime :headbang: Small world. You should be extra proud, digging up CC's is not easy. They're VERY hard to find...and to think they were our firsts :icon_sunny:

Great score on the 14k too. Enjoy the moment - it sure is a good one :thumbsup:

OP
OP
pl8man

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Missouri_John said:
I hope you were as excited to find a CC coin as i was a few years ago. Great coin, my friend

It was great to find ! The other three Seated coins I have found over the past 13 years were two Seated halfs and a Seated quarter . This is my first Seated dime .
HH
Glen

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go on the seated dime! We don't find that many seated coins in the S.F. Bay Area like the guys in the mid west or east coast. Carson City mint marks make a great find into even a better find! :occasion14:

OP
OP
pl8man

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Hand Fluke said:
Way to go on the seated dime! We don't find that many seated coins in the S.F. Bay Area like the guys in the mid west or east coast. Carson City mint marks make a great find into even a better find! :occasion14:

I know , I have only found 4 in 13+ year here in the San Jose , South Bay area .
HH
Glen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread