What's new

Second hunt, second silver. 2016 is looking good!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
6,035
Reaction score
7,428
Golden Thread
1
Location
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I snuck out for a short hunt after work today. The house next door is owned by friends of mine, their renters have moved out. I have detected it before with the ATPro and only ever found one silver (a Merc on my birthday a few years ago).

Today I grabbed the Deus and gave it another shot. The first signal I dug was sort of bouncy, but was an obvious dig. I pulled out a piece of junk, then a Wheat. Put the pinpointer back in the hole and located this 1913 silver quarter. Probed a bit more and more junk came out. I moved on, pulled a few more wheats and called it a day. Aaah, satisfaction ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457827896.687433.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457827931.883091.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457827968.796774.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457827988.117877.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457828009.143146.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457828036.948598.webp

My cat Willow accompanied me today, as she often does. I think she thinks she's a dog lol.
 
Upvote 26
Hey, congrats on finding your second silver on only your second hunt! :occasion14:

Looks like you're going to have another great year!

Dave
 
2 for 2 . What a great way to start your year
 
Congrats on digging that old silver. :occasion14: Now if you can just teach the cat to sniff out more silvers. :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on digging that old silver. :occasion14: Now if you can just teach the cat to sniff out more silvers. :thumbsup:

You know it's funny, she's been with me on several silver finding hunts. She must be good luck. I need to take her door knocking with me, "hello, would you mind if me and my cat detect your property?" Lol
 
You have a streak going! That is a nice old quarter JC:icon_thumright:
 
You know it's funny, she's been with me on several silver finding hunts. She must be good luck. I need to take her door knocking with me, "hello, would you mind if me and my cat detect your property?" Lol


LOL now that's funny
 
Nice hunt J. Cache. Congrats on the silver.
 
Great to see you off to a fast start buddy. Hope you just keep on rolling
 
Good start, that is as many silver coins as I got last year !
Just thinking out loud, usually your ground is still froze at this time of year. Checked my ground yesterday, and was about an inch of soft stuff, then solid below that, but soon.
 
Good start, that is as many silver coins as I got last year !
Just thinking out loud, usually your ground is still froze at this time of year. Checked my ground yesterday, and was about an inch of soft stuff, then solid below that, but soon.

Thanks Rick. The digging I am able to do now is still pretty tough in spots, and some areas are still totally undiggable. The weatherman says we are supposed to get a bunch of snow next week, but it won't last long. With such little snow this year, we could use the moisture, and it saturates the ground and makes for easy diggins.

Hopefully the sun thaws your ground quick and you can start racking up the silvers. I hope you get out there and hit it hard this year.
 
Nicely done!.....not bad going at all...
 
Hey, congrats on finding your second silver on only your second hunt! :occasion14:

Looks like you're going to have another great year!

Dave

Thanks Dave. At this point it just feels good to be out there digging anything, but the silver sure sweetens the deal [emoji41]

I leave for England in a couple of weeks so things are going to get even better!
 
Cool share and my dog studied an area that produced the only silver that I have ever found.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom