Aug 18, 2013
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus W/11" coil and 9" HF coil, Garrett AT Pro W/5x8 coil
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this behind an old church school house. From what I can tell it's a Carolous III half Reale looks like 1770 or 1779 date to me.

20140404_161259.jpg 20140404_161320.jpg

Upvote 10
Very nice! bummer no date but awesome none the less

Very nice find

Spanish is always awesome....congrats !!

Totally awesome. Congrats.

Sweet Spanish silver!

Congratulations on a terrific recovery. That would definitely put an extra kick in my step. The date could not be a 1770, however, because the half reals that year were of the milled pillar style and did not have a bust design.

Congratulations on a terrific recovery. That would definitely put an extra kick in my step. The date could not be a 1770, however, because the half reals that year were of the milled pillar style and did not have a bust design.

Thanks, that narrows the date down some more.

That series ran (in Mexico) from 1772 through 1789. About 90% +/- pure silver. Nice save !
All, with one exception (yours is not that exception) are valued equally.
There were two assayers, but again, neither is more valuable than the other.
Don.....

That series ran (in Mexico) from 1772 through 1789. About 90% +/- pure silver. Nice save !
All, with one exception (yours is not that exception) are valued equally.
There were two assayers, but again, neither is more valuable than the other.
Don.....

Thanks for the additional info! What I see in the picture is the top of a 1 followed by the flat tops of two 7's and then the rounded top of a number which I think is a 9, so I'm gonna call it a 1779. If anybody see anything I'm missing let me know. Thanks for all the reply's.

it takes a lot to bead an old spanish silver - congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back