What's new

Second trip to corn stubble pays off

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2012
Messages
1,840
Reaction score
2,414
Golden Thread
0
Location
S.E. Michigan.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Second trip to my first corn stubble field I have been researching. Three home sites on this 35+ acre site Could not be happier. 1864, 2 cent piece.........my first :hello2: then 20 ft away a 1865 IH, both are rough, but I will take them 102_8537.webp102_8540.webp 102_8538.webp 4 in of snow today:BangHead: 50 degrees next week 8-) Love how field hunting, is so much eaiser on the ears, than an old park!
 
You're a brave one to dig in snow but I'm from the South. Congrats on your finds,2 cent pieces are scarce up here.
 
Well done! Great 3 cents! :thumbsup:
 
Nice finds Mike like the 2 cent coins they are hard to find , I found two this spring at a old home sted. Looks more like 10inches today.
 
Nice coins. That is a good spot ya got there!! Pound it good. Love the 2 Center. Congrats!
 
yea, it must be quiet until you hit a target.... theres a park not to far from me, and my headphones almost melted with all the noise from trash.... yea, I gave up on that nightmare! Congrats on your 2 center, and other goodies!
 
Congrats on your first 2 center! :icon_thumleft: Not a common dig. Yeah, I love the field sites too. You don't always find a lot, but when you do it is old. But that corn stubble can be a pain. :tongue3:

HH
 
Congrats on your first 2 center! :icon_thumleft: Not a common dig. Yeah, I love the field sites too. You don't always find a lot, but when you do it is old. But that corn stubble can be a pain. :tongue3:

HH

It is a lot more challenging than walking through a park,detecting, but I like the solitude of it
 
It is a lot more challenging than walking through a park,detecting, but I like the solitude of it

And very little aluminum, at least on the older sites. Any even tone = dig.
 
Three hours in the mud today for one 1880 IH.....................could not be happier, if I dug $10 worth of clad!IMG_0220.webp IMG_0217.webp
 
Nice work man! Way to sniff out some oldies! Congrats on that 2center man those are hard to come by, plus it's a first! Sweet. Nice indians too, good hunts! ��
 
Nice oldies Cooper, that's a great hunt love the 2-cent most, congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom