Seeking prospecting permission from land owners.

hoochiemama

Greenie
May 28, 2014
Cheyoming
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to contact local property owners to see if I can get thier permission to recreationally prospect on thier proerty. I'm putting together a form letter to make initial contact and was wondering if there is any advice y'all can give?
I was going to explain my willingness to share 10% of the take with them, reclaim any damage done, the various methods that will be used, and my willingness to abide by any rules and regs governing that mining district.
I also am wondering if 10% is too much, or not enough. And do you think it would be wise for me to have them sign some sort of consent form? If so, what would a consent form look like?

Upvote 0

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First impressions should be in person not a letter or phone call if possible. second ask for permission without offering an amount or at-least wait until you've tested the property and see what the recovery should net then negotiate a deal that works for both you and the property owner. some of the best property I worked I was given permission to dredge for free, now later I did give the owner a decent vial as a token of thanks. it is getting harder and harder to get someone to give a stranger permission to work on private property given all the law suits today over just about anything.
Good Luck!

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to contact local property owners to see if I can get thier permission to recreationally prospect on thier proerty. I'm putting together a form letter to make initial contact and was wondering if there is any advice y'all can give?
I was going to explain my willingness to share 10% of the take with them, reclaim any damage done, the various methods that will be used, and my willingness to abide by any rules and regs governing that mining district.
I also am wondering if 10% is too much, or not enough. And do you think it would be wise for me to have them sign some sort of consent form? If so, what would a consent form look like?

You're getting some good replies here. Make sure you get permission from property owners first,a few flecks of gold (or not) is not worth getting arrested. But you'll stand a much better chance of getting permission from people who know you. I would never give permission for a stranger to do anything on my property. But when you know folks its different... My best advice go make some friends in the areas you want to prospect. Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread