Seeking Refining Partner

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
I've used a Fisher Gold Bug II, though now I have a cheaper Garrett model.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are a eefiner, either hobbyist, or seasoned pro PM me and let's chat. For the right individual I will furnish a nicely sized test sample, either crushed to say 100- or raw material if you can handle some of that...

I can get it pretty clean, but 100- is the limit of my size standard and unfortunately you can't get all the Fe out you need to with capabilities I have. My recovery rate is around 30%. There's still a lot. But 30%. That's weak, lol.

20230313_065432.jpg
20230313_075504.jpg
20230312_062207.jpg

Upvote 2

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you are a eefiner, either hobbyist, or seasoned pro PM me and let's chat. For the right individual I will furnish a nicely sized test sample, either crushed to say 100- or raw material if you can handle some of that...

I can get it pretty clean, but 100- is the limit of my size standard and unfortunately you can't get all the Fe out you need to with capabilities I have. My recovery rate is around 30%. There's still a lot. But 30%. That's weak, lol.

View attachment 2074076 View attachment 2074077 View attachment 2074078
What are you showing in your pictures?

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have assay pending. I'll share results.
My apologies...I am just a curious observer.
The reason for my question was because I'm used to seeing ore samples here that plainly show visible/"free milling" gold or pyrites. I can't see an indication of either in your pictures.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SnowdogAk20

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
I've used a Fisher Gold Bug II, though now I have a cheaper Garrett model.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My apologies...I am just a curious observer.
The reason for my question was because I'm used to seeing ore samples here that plainly show visible/"free milling" gold or pyrites. I can't see an indication of either in your pictures.

Good luck.
Well, with these there's Au + White metal. They're doing 5 spec analysis in NV as I write this. Was thinking about trying a smelt, but if PGM it'll fail. Au is abundant in blue sulfides as nd white metal in rust.

Attachments

• 20230317_141732.jpg
    20230317_141732.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, with these there's Au + White metal. They're doing 5 spec analysis in NV as I write this. Was thinking about trying a smelt, but if PGM it'll fail. Au is abundant in blue sulfides as nd white metal in rust.
Still curious. What is the "blue" sulphide mineral? I'm guessing the "rust" is decomposed/oxidized iron pyrite(?).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread