Seems to me...

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That the bank boxes are getting slimmer and slimmer on silver.

I did two boxes, not a single keeper. No silver, no key dates, no errors, no nuttin'.......

Found a $100 in hand rolls at a small rural branch, only one '67 in them.

Got another $300 in shotguns at another small branch, zip, nadda, nuttin'.....

Seems here the past few months I only find keepers in hand rolls.

As I stated in the Cajun Lady's thread, I'm more than half convenced the transport companies are cherry picking. The coins are stacked obverse to reverse in each roll, with perhaps the end coin being reversed to the rest of the stack, and maybe one or two coins within the stack being reversed to the major order. It just doesn't add up to random order.... it should be about 50-50, and it ain't.

Anyone one else in Georgia experiencing this?

Robin

Upvote 0

kickstart

Mar 7, 2007
Ga.
My last 10 boxes have been skunks with the exception
of 2-40%ers. The federal reserve 2 months ago flooded
my area with '95 Ps!!. Now they make up half of the rolls
I have been searching. I am about to cancel my orders
for the boxes I am getting now, because whats the use??

I have pmd with LJ about getting 2 boxes from her, but I
can't see doing that week after week. Its frustrating as hell
but what can you do. One of my banks said they get their
orders from LaSalle bank? However, they seem to originate
at the federal reserve here.

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I've only found 1 40% in my last 15 FED boxes. I've thought about laying off the boxes for a while, but LJ and a few others are making amazing finds from boxes so I keep buying. Recently I feel like a middleman moving halves from one company to another.

oldred

Jan 21, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber
Georgia is beening hit hard by CRHers. I purchased 20 boxes about a month ago and only found 48 silver halfs. I did spend 2 days in a south Ga. town recently and ended up with about 225 silver halfs. Most of the best fines came from one or two bank towns. The larger towns are pretty dry unless you hit it lucky where someone has just turned some silver into a bank. Maybe it will improve!

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I still think there's a lot of silver out there, but uh...yeah...this hobby is becoming quite popular. The party can't last forever. :P

oldred

Jan 21, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber
TXTim said:
Maybe Oldred is dumping in GA?

Gosh Tim you said you woudn't tell. ;D It really is to far for me to drive to dump my rejects. I think most states are just getting hunted to death except for LJs part of the country.

You are doing extremely well yourself Tim! Maybe I can take a vacation in your part of the state. I'm sure you wouldn't mind. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread