What's new

Sellers regret...

STDevil

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
329
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Seller's regret...

So I decided that I wanted to get a new watch. The wife was understandibly skeptical, but I said "hey, if I sell my CRH finds, would that be OK?". The way I looked at it, I was just trading one treasure for another. So, I went and sold a ton of halves, as well as two gold maples that I bought with the proceeds of a past sale. Got the cash, went to the bank, and I am ready to get my watch.

The problem is that I miss my CRH Hauls. I have some other junk silver that I have bought, but I wish I had kept my CRH silver and sold the "purchased" junk silver.

Oh to have such simple problems...

Anyway, happy hunting everyone.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Seller's regret...

What you should have done is keep the silver and just set up a "Sun Dial" in your yard to tell the time. Only kidding. I bet the watch is a beauty.
all the best
rileyboy
 
Re: Seller's regret...

That must be one hell of a watch to cost 2 gold maples and a "ton" of silver halves. Hopefully it is made of gold or some other PM. Better than spending it on a big screen tv or such. My guess is some type of gold Rolex or something like that.

Jim
 
Re: Seller's regret...

I looked for the Jaw dropping Smiley and couldn't find it......

Seriously, It depends on what you are in it for. If you are in it to get an expensive watch or other stuff for little face value, you done good.

If you are in it as a hobby to fill in the blank spots, you already culled what you needed and done good.

If you are in it for the silver and think you will need PM's if TSHTF....you messed up.

In any case, you need to go hit some banks and start building it back up.
 
Re: Seller's regret...

I am a guy who is always "looking around", and I always find interesting stuff. A can of DDT at a garage sale, an old book that's worth a buck or two, a brick of magnesium in an old warehouse (livened up the campfire at the annual camping trip), a pile of scrap metal for cheap, an interesting rock, etc, etc. I stumbled onto CRH after I saw some silver in the tellers tray one day (I knew what I was seeing and knew that it needed to be grabbed), got it for face, and beagn to wonder about others' view on the topic.

Just today, the little guy went to check out the reject chute on the Coinstar Machine, and pulled a bunch of foreign coins, a steelie penny, and a silver dime! The last two items went into his coin collection.

My wifey and I are very very very very fortunate. We were born overseas, and our parents came to the country when we were 12 and 0 years old, respectively. They were not "nothing but the clothes on our backs" types, but they were not rich by any means. Hard work and good luck paid off, and my wife and I have nothing at all to complain about. That's what made it easy to play the "Well can I sell my CHR funds and buy something we don't really need?" card.

Once I get the watch (my wife scowls at me every now and then so I am not quite ready to make the purchase), it'll be fun to tell people how I paid for it. I know that will blow the lid off of CRH with my friends, but it will be a fun story.

Again, happy hunting to you all.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom