Selling jewelry

I have gone a few different routes to sell stuff. If it is of good value I sell on Fleabay but the 15% final value fee and freight has to be figured in. I have also scrapped a bunch thru a refiner in Texas but have heard they dont deal with detectorists anymore and have yet to try midwest refiner. I have sold a few pieces thru friends and family. Pawn shops are the worst to sell to as they usually only pay low on stuff. One word of advice is to not do craigslist or any of the other websites or apps like that as they are just to risky. Just my 2 cents worth.

Fleabay is good for nice /new condition silver rings or that unique gold band. If it's not "as new" forget it.

Designer silver bracelet listed at $1300.00 new and went for $440.00 on the bay and bought by a dealer in the brand.

yurmanclose.jpg

I usually give away the non precious metal jewelry to people who show an interest. All Gold and nice Silver I keep... not sure what I'm going to do with them in the future.

I usually give away the non precious metal jewelry to people who show an interest. All Gold and nice Silver I keep... not sure what I'm going to do with them in the future.

I also give a lot away. My girlfriend has a nice Tiffany ring that I recovered. I have to be careful what I show her. [emoji1]

About all my family have went thru my jewelry ..... and of course ended up with some. That refinery in Texas is still taking our stuff....... but at 95% melt. Ive only heard one guy complain about the pay out....... and its no longer a family business. Sometimes you can find a local jewelry store who will pay out 80% and some clubs have jewelry store owner in them. By time you pay shipping and insurance...... it can be best to sell local and know up front what you are getting. I realize we have nothing but time and money in it....... but gold is really down so unless you need the money hang onto it.

About all my family have went thru my jewelry ..... and of course ended up with some. That refinery in Texas is still taking our stuff....... but at 95% melt. Ive only heard one guy complain about the pay out....... and its no longer a family business. Sometimes you can find a local jewelry store who will pay out 80% and some clubs have jewelry store owner in them. By time you pay shipping and insurance...... it can be best to sell local and know up front what you are getting. I realize we have nothing but time and money in it....... but gold is really down so unless you need the money hang onto it.

Gold prices down is an understatement and Platinum is the lowest I have ever seen it.

Gold prices down is an understatement and Platinum is the lowest I have ever seen it.

You must be fairly young then! :tongue3: I can remember $35 oz. gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back