Selling positive feedback on Ebay

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ran across this on Ebay. There are a number of people selling positive feedback on Ebay. I had to laugh at this creative way to make easy money until I did the math. Now I just set back and scratch my head wondering why these folks would go to this much trouble to make a couple cents on each transaction or even loose money on a few I looked at. Most are listed under $1.00 with quite a few selling at 50 cents down to under a dime. With Ebays 10% FVF and Paypals 2.9% + 30 cents these auctions either loose money or make the seller just a few cents. :icon_scratch:

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a hilarious waste of time. So many of those would have lost money. Even the ones for 99 cents make about 57 cents.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of pointless if you ask me. I guess they just want to get past that paypal money hold thing for newbie sellers? That'd be the only logical reason I could see for doing it. Feedback isn't what it used to be. I will buy from a newbie seller just as quick as I would buy from an established one, sometimes quicker. Remember, eBay is all about the buyer not the seller. As a buyer I'm covered, regardless of what kind of crazy story I make up, if I choose to return the item, lol.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of pointless if you ask me. I guess they just want to get past that paypal money hold thing for newbie sellers? That'd be the only logical reason I could see for doing it. Feedback isn't what it used to be. I will buy from a newbie seller just as quick as I would buy from an established one, sometimes quicker. Remember, eBay is all about the buyer not the seller. As a buyer I'm covered, regardless of what kind of crazy story I make up, if I choose to return the item, lol.

I would say it's to get past the hold. I sold regular Washington quarters for $.01 auction was free shipping to get past the regular hold but I think it was only 25 at a time.

I love new sellers. I've gotten several really good deals on jewelry from new sellers. Actually just about anything really. My saved sellers list has probably 20 Sellers all the feedback under 150.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread