What's new

Selling your CRHing finds

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
If you had to use the proceeds to buy either gold or silver bullion (not junk silver), which would it be?

I remember Rich H. stated a while back that gold is a better buy, but he never stated the reason. ???

I am looking for any tips and wisdom from the many posters here.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
most bullion buyers watch the ratio, when its high- buy silver, when its low- buy gold. Up to you to decide what is high and low ratio wise. HH Mark
 
jim4silver said:
If you had to use the proceeds to buy either gold or silver bullion (not junk silver), which would it be?

I remember Rich H. stated a while back that gold is a better buy, but he never stated the reason. ???

I am looking for any tips and wisdom from the many posters here.

Jim
All know is wish had bought Palladium when it was around 170 last year. Oh it is over 500 now!
 
I'm banking on silver to make the most gains in the coming year. I still shy away from gold, although silver is bulky, and requires alot of room to store in quantity. Now that the price manipulation has been exposed, silver, with it's extensive industrial use, will be the best investment, better, I think, than gold. ffd
 
fistfulladirt said:
I'm banking on silver to make the most gains in the coming year. I still shy away from gold, although silver is bulky, and requires alot of room to store in quantity. Now that the price manipulation has been exposed, silver, with it's extensive industrial use, will be the best investment, better, I think, than gold. ffd
Yeah but GOLD is r-e-a-l money that does NOT inflate away like the paper in your pocket does and most certainly will be in dramatic fashion in coming months, mark my words, a currency crisis is underway and confidence in fiat currency is ending & to be replaced by God knows what!

I'll take all the gold & Silver can get, both are gonna be only source of real wealth in times ahead, until Gov bans it and seizes it, again.
 
obediah said:
fistfulladirt said:
I'm banking on silver to make the most gains in the coming year. I still shy away from gold, although silver is bulky, and requires alot of room to store in quantity. Now that the price manipulation has been exposed, silver, with it's extensive industrial use, will be the best investment, better, I think, than gold. ffd
Yeah but GOLD is r-e-a-l money that does NOT inflate away like the paper in your pocket does and most certainly will be in dramatic fashion in coming months, mark my words, a currency crisis is underway and confidence in fiat currency is ending & to be replaced by God knows what!

I'll take all the gold & Silver can get, both are gonna be only source of real wealth in times ahead, until Gov bans it and seizes it, again.
Um, okay, silver is not real money. I can't remember the last time I spent a gold coin, can you? I still think silver will have the best gain in the short term.
 
fistfulladirt said:
obediah said:
fistfulladirt said:
I'm banking on silver to make the most gains in the coming year. I still shy away from gold, although silver is bulky, and requires alot of room to store in quantity. Now that the price manipulation has been exposed, silver, with it's extensive industrial use, will be the best investment, better, I think, than gold. ffd
Yeah but GOLD is r-e-a-l money that does NOT inflate away like the paper in your pocket does and most certainly will be in dramatic fashion in coming months, mark my words, a currency crisis is underway and confidence in fiat currency is ending & to be replaced by God knows what!

I'll take all the gold & Silver can get, both are gonna be only source of real wealth in times ahead, until Gov bans it and seizes it, again.
Um, okay, silver is not real money. I can't remember the last time I spent a gold coin, can you? I still think silver will have the best gain in the short term.
There was a time- day when the people understood what money actually is, today we do not we have been snookered into a confidence game where we put our trust in paper with numbers written on it as real money- all the while the Gov is just printing paper and making digits out of thin air, people, most of them will not awake till the $ has died and inflated away Zimbabwe or Wiemar Republic style, while the Govs and Banks buy up all the hard assets and PM's; a sea change of thinking will come as- when prices outpace earnings.
Nobody is buying our Gov Debt now, China is selling it, ou rdays are very numbered.
 
When palladium was $170 per ounce, an ounce of the physical metal could not be found for under $285. Still a nice profit if you could have found it for sale. I don't think it could even be found on BD nucleo. Same for platinum. Gold was actually worth more than platinum for a couple days. Now the ratio is back to around .67.
Trading 40% for gold or platinum I'll do any time, especially during a bull market. Trading silver 40%ers for gold at a ration of 60 or less is excellent. It seems at bear market times the demand for the 40%ers is almost non existent.
dertect4au
 
If you are really buying with the proceeds from the sale instead of trading I would be buying whatever has the lowest premium. Right now I probably would be buying gold. For example if I sold $100 FV of 90% at 13x face. I would get about $18.18/oz for the silver and if I could find Canadian Gold Maples at $25 over spot ($1175) my cost for the gold would only be about 64 oz of silver.

If I bought silver .999 rounds at $1 over spot my $1300 would only buy ~68oz of silver. I would rather trade my gold for silver when the ratio gets closer to 70:1 and then I can demand .999 rounds.

Just my .02

HH
65GT350
 
If you were given a choice of free gold or free silver which would you take? I would choose gold. I would not purchase either. However I would trade my silver CRHing finds for gold.That amounts to getting gold for free.
Silver will always have some value but it is very volatile and I would not count on it's industrial use to boost the price as the uses are declining and will continue to do so.
Silver has been dirt cheap, but gold has always been expensive. When gold was 35 bucks an ounce that was nearly a half my paycheck. An ounce of silver at that time would get you a couple of burgers.
HH
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
If you were given a choice of free gold or free silver which would you take? I would choose gold. I would not purchase either. However I would trade my silver CRHing finds for gold.That amounts to getting gold for free.
Silver will always have some value but it is very volatile and I would not count on it's industrial use to boost the price as the uses are declining and will continue to do so.
Silver has been dirt cheap, but gold has always been expensive. When gold was 35 bucks an ounce that was nearly a half my paycheck. An ounce of silver at that time would get you a couple of burgers.
HH
Rich
Nothing is free unless you find it on the ground- my spreadsheet shows a total FV of $694.30 for this year but then again I hit 280 z tonight so not free just cheap. HH Mark
 
I'd look to sell for the highest at around the highest price possible...then sit on cash until a dip in Au/Ag prices (which is always only months away). Then buy either and play the gold/silver ratio on the way back up. Once you have the stash - you play the ratio to keep the stack growing - regardless of price. :thumbsup:
 
myprecious said:
I'd look to sell for the highest at around the highest price possible...then sit on cash until a dip in Au/Ag prices (which is always only months away). Then buy either and play the gold/silver ratio on the way back up. Once you have the stash - you play the ratio to keep the stack growing - regardless of price. :thumbsup:
Bet myself the dips will be much higher ones than have seen in past.
 
you and me both O. :laughing9:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom