What's new

Selling your extras

Icewing

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2016
Messages
2,644
Reaction score
5,532
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find a lot of random old glass bottles and such and even though I'm not really a collector I drag this stuff home as if it's worth something, but honestly I don't know if I'm just dragging in someone else's trash or if people actually buy this stuff.

Where are some of the places you guys unload your extras, aside from eBay and Coinstar?

I was talking to an antiques dealer and got the impression that circulated and dug coins were basically worthless (even if it's a 100 year old error), and antiques pretty have to be in like new condition.
 
Dug silver is pretty much worth scrap value generally unless you have a key date.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
everything can find a home. Someones trash is always someone elses treasure.
 
This is true, but sometimes it really isn't worth the gas it takes to haul the dead weight home, even though everyone says "oh wow that's neat", do they really buy the stuff?
 
Flea markets work good for me. I have met collectors there that only purchase there and at yard sales.
 
This is true, but sometimes it really isn't worth the gas it takes to haul the dead weight home, even though everyone says "oh wow that's neat", do they really buy the stuff?

This question is it really worth the gas is a personal question only. It really depends on your situation, like place to store it or time to mess with it. I run across stuff all the time that I can either sell or scrap. It depends on what space it takes up and the price I would get either way.
 
As far as old bottles go, I have set several bitters out and very nice local druggist embossed glass, all over 120 years old, at several yard sales, for $1 ea. Not even a bite!

But the folks go ga-ga over the 30 year old Coke and Pepsi aluminum cans.
 
I loaded up 28 bottles in a box and took them to a friends house, his wife bought all of them at $1 each, I cut her a break and took $25. I kept my blues.
 
This is true, but sometimes it really isn't worth the gas it takes to haul the dead weight home, even though everyone says "oh wow that's neat", do they really buy the stuff?
I'm not smart enough to know how to figure the extra diesel required to haul an extra pound of finds home in my F250.:hello:
Back to reality though, yard sales and flea markets are the place to get rid of stuff. Just don't expect too much for them.
Marvin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom