What's new

Send me your Square Nails

Someone123

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 25, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
M.A.
Detector(s) used
Garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am amateur woodworker and would be interested in taking any spare square nails off your hands. Any size will work, as long as the are straight. Please message to my inbox if interested, thanks.
 
Hi Someone123,

You can still buy cut nails at the hardware. However if you're interested in creating a period reproduction old nails might be best. These nails can also be used to date old sites. Many nails had rosettes on the heads identifying their maker sort of like a hallmark. I don't have any on hand but I'll keep you in mind if I get any.
 
Thanks. The reason I like the old ones is because I prefer the way they look, and a lot of people end up wasting them when found.
 
What few I have are not in good shape, all bent up and rusted and falling apart.
 
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Someone123! Take a look at Forum:Massachusetts for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
 
Also, I like the 18th century rose head nails I sometimes dig. I do find them on Ebay very reasonable from time to time.
 
All scrap metal i find i save till i have enough to take to the scrap yard.
 
Ill remember that I find alot just dont save em
 
Welcome to tnet
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom