What's new

Serve up on a Silver Platter

ipsilateral

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
331
Reaction score
141
Golden Thread
0
Location
MoCo
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Served up on a Silver Platter

I haven't posted in a while, but I thought finding this silver tea service for $50 was worthy of a my best finds post. 65 Troy ounces solid silver for a tidy 2600% profit. I'll take it!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Upvote 2
Is that solid sterling?! Holy smokes! Did you sell it for scrap or resell it for antique value?
 
Is that solid sterling?! Holy smokes! Did you sell it for scrap or resell it for antique value?


Yes, it is. I haven't sold it yet, but it's solid. Melt value around $1,300. Definitely one of my better buys lately.. Not all treasure comes from the ground! I have a small antiques shop, so I'll sell it there just above melt.
 
I would think that would be more than 65 ounces. Awesome find either way. I have one that is electroplated copper and its pretty dang heavy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom